Creamy Morning Oatmeal Ready In No Time
These quick and easy banana bread baked oats are such a perfect way to begin your day. They're chocolatey and caramelised. The banana flavour is so good!
If you love a sweet breakfast, you'll also love my chocolate cinnamon french toast rolls recipe.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Instant oats - the best type of oats for this recipe
- Very small ripe banana
- Baking powder
- Ground nutmeg
- Maple syrup - as a sweetener for this recipe.
- Soy milk
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Pecans - to be mixed into the oats before being cooked.
- Vegan chocolate - for the topping.
- Sliced bananas - also as a topping.
- Ground nutmeg
How To Make Vegan Banana Bread Baked Oats
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Blend together all of the baked oats ingredients.
2: Pour the mixture into a large ramekin and add the fillings and toppings.
3: Bake the oatmeal then let it cool down.
Tips For Making Banana Baked Oats
Use A Ripe Banana
The Riper the banana that you use, the better the overall flavour of these baked oats will be. If you have any spotty brown ones laying around, definitely consider using it for this recipe.
Why You Will Love These Oats
- The consistency is so creamy.
- It is filled and topped with so many delicious goodies.
- The flavour is wonderful.
- This recipe is fully vegan and dairy-free.
Customisations & Substitutions
- Switch up the toppings and fillings. You may want to substitute in an alternate nut to pecans such as walnuts or you might want to swap out the chocolate chips for raisins to make the oats healthier. As for the toppings you could swap the sliced bananas for another type of fruit.
You can make this vegan breakfast recipe nut free by omitting the pecans.
It tastes great on it's own but I sometimes like to add raisins and maple syrup to it which tastes amazing.
How To Store Banana Bread Oatmeal
Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure it is covered.
More Baked Oats RecipesPrint
Single Serve Banana Bread Baked Oats (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 portions 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These simple and vegan banana bread baked oats are so creamy, toasty and chocolatey. Be sure to serve warm and enjoy.
For the oatmeal:
- 50g instant oats
- 1 very small ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 80ml soy milk
- 25g vegan chocolate chips
- 15g pecans (finely chopped)
For the topping:
- Vegan chocolate pieces/squares (to taste)
- Sliced bananas (to taste)
- Ground nutmeg (to taste)
- Granulated sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius (356F).
Make the banana bread baked oats:
- Add the instant oats, banana, baking powder, nutmeg, maple syrup and soy milk to a high-speed blender.
- Blitz them all until the oat mixture is nice and smooth.
- Pour the oats into a large ovenproof ramekin.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and the pecans and top the oats with chopped bananas, squares of vegan chocolate and sprinkle of ground nutmeg and granulated sugar.
Bake the oatmeal:
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. The top should be golden brown and caramelised. Let it cool a little and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Banana Bread Baked Oats
- Serving Size: 1 small ramekin
- Calories: 483
- Sugar: 38.4 g
- Sodium: 119.3 mg
- Fat: 21.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 71 g
- Protein: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.8 mg
Keywords: baked oats, vegan baked oats, vegan oatmeal, vegan breakfast, breakfast ideas, vegan banana bread
Gina F says
So creamy and yum