Delicious Brown Sugar Pancakes
Most people have cereal for their breakfast but why not have your cereal ON TOP of some brown sugar pancakes? These pancakes are so much fun to make. Use your favourite cereal and enjoy! Since you love pancakes, why not try my vegan white chocolate pancakes too?
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar - for a nice 'caramelised' flavour.
- Baking powder
- Vegan butter - for frying.
- Soy milk
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup - my recommended topping for these sugar pancakes.
- Vegan breakfast cereal - choose a vegan cereal that you love.
How To Make Vegan Brown Sugar Cereal Pancakes
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Step By Step Instructions
Mix the dry ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients to the mixing bowl. Fold into the dry ingredients.
Grease a non-stick frying pan with vegan butter.
Add some pancake mixture to the pan.
Flip the pancake and cook until both sides are golden brown.
Stack your pancakes.
Decorate and garnish with your vegan cereal.
Tips For Making Perfect Vegan Pancakes
Don't over mix the pancake batter.
You want your pancakes to be as fluffy as possible and over mixing will prevent this.
Want these pancakes to be healthier?
Use coconut oil instead of vegan butter to fry your pancakes (1:1).
Why You Should Make Your Pancakes From Scratch
I've had many store-bought vegan pancakes in the past and I have to say, they are bland. Homemade pancakes taste far fresher (especially when they're warm) and will always have my vote.
Customise This Recipe
- Choose a cereal of your choice. I went for vegan rainbow hoops but you can choose anything you like!
- Swap out the maple syrup. Switch it for something like melted peanut butter or melted chocolate. You could even have cinnamon brown sugar pancakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
They taste very similar but brown sugar pancakes have a subtle caramelised flavour too.
It works just as well as white sugar. You can use light brown sugar too.
You can make vegan caramel using just brown sugar and vegan butter.
The batter will have been over mixed.
The pan has not been greased properly beforehand.
You can! Place them in freezer bags for 2 months.
How To Store My Vegan Pancakes
Store them in the fridge for 24 hours after making them. Cover in plastic wrap.
More Breakfast RecipesPrint
Soft & Fluffy Vegan Brown Sugar Cereal Pancakes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 20 pancakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These brown sugar pancakes are the fluffiest pancakes you'll have. They are sweet and super fun so I hope you get chance to try them.
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 30g brown sugar* (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter* (for greasing pan) (see notes)
- 125ml water
- 240ml soy milk
- 2.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup (to taste)
- 15g vegan breakfast cereal of choice
Make the pancake batter:
- To a large bowl, add all the dry ingredients, except for the vegan butter. Mix them together.
- Next, pour in the water, dairy free milk, vegetable oil and the vanilla. Fold the dry into the wet without over mixing. Make sure all the pockets of flour are gone.
Fry your pancakes:
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with vegan butter. Place your pan over a medium-high heat for 30 seconds so that it can get nice and hot!
- Now pour some of your pancake mix into the pan to create a pancake about 10-12cm in diameter. I like to use a small ladle.
- Flip the pancakes when the uncooked sides begin to bubble. Cook for a further minute or two and until both sides are golden brown.
- Continue to follow these steps until all of your pancake batter has been used.
Garnish your pancakes:
- Pour the some maple syrup over your cooling pancakes, then top generously with your chosen vegan breakfast cereal. I went for vegan rainbow hoops.
- Feel free to use light brown sugar.
- You can grease the pan with coconut oil to be healthier.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Brown Sugar Pancakes
- Serving Size: 1 Stack
- Calories: 446
- Sugar: 15.7 g
- Sodium: 464.9 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.2 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pancakes, brown sugar pancakes, vegan breakfast, cereal pancakes, pancakes recipe, vegan treats
These were so so good!
Vegan Treats Blogger says