I'm a big fan of crepes when they're filled with delicious ingredients and these 'Nutella' packed vegan oat milk crepes are no exception.
I choose to fill these with a mouth-watering vegan chocolate hazelnut spread, fresh bananas and fresh strawberries. The fruit and the chocolate compliment each other so well.
You may also like my vegan chocolate cinnamon french toast rolls which just like these, are another breakfast treat that I make again and again.
What Are Crepes?
Crepes are a variety of pancakes which are renowned for being super thin like paper. The batter is also generally fan thinner than your average pancake batter.
As they are so thin, it makes it easier to roll them up or fold them with fillings.
Important Ingredients Overview + Notes
- Almond extract - Adds a nice, unique flavour the the crepes.
- Oat milk - Along with soy milk, this plant milk creates the best crepes with the best textures. Luckily it is very easy to find in stores these days. If you haven't made crepes with oat milk yet, what are you waiting for?
- Vegan chocolate hazelnut spread - This is going to be your vegan 'Nutella'. I used Nature's store chocolate spread.
See recipe card for full information on individual ingredients and quantities.
Variations & Substitutions
- Make them gluten free. You can swap out your all-purpose flour for regular gluten-free all-purpose flour. The texture of the crepes will be a little chewier this way but still very tasty.
- Add different fillings. If you're not a fan of vegan chocolate spread or the fruit that I recommend, this is fine. You can spread on something such as peanut butter or even Biscoff spread. As for the fruit, blueberries and raspberries also work very well.
How To Make Oat Milk Crepes
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Make your crepe batter.
2: Grease a pan and heat it up.
3: Fry a crepe inside the hot pan, until golden brown on the bottom side.
4: Flip the crepe, and fry the other side until it is also golden brown.
5: Create a slit in each of the crepes.
6: Divide the crepe into quarts. Spread chocolate spread onto two diagonal quarters. Add chopped strawberries and bananas to the other quarters.
7: Fold over one of the quarters.
8: Fold over the next quarter.
9: Finally, fold over the final quarter until a crepe 'pocket wrap' is created.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use A Hot Pan
If your crepe pan or frying pan isn't piping hot when you add the batter, the crepes won't cook thoroughly. The first crepe that is cooked inside the pan is never the best but after that, the only way is up!
Don't Let The Crepes Stick
Once the crepes have set a little over the heat, lift the edges with a fork carefully without breaking them. This way it will be far easier to flip the crepe when it's time. If the pan has been well-greased and is over the correct temperature, this shouldn't be an issue.
No Egg Substitutes Needed For These Crepes
Usually, an authentic crepe isn't vegan. They tend to contain ingredients such as eggs, milk and sometimes, even butter.
They great thing about this recipe is that the crepes taste just like their non-vegan counterparts and they don't even container any of the classic 'egg replacers'.
Store these oat milk 'Nutella' crepes inside the fridge for up to 3 days. Fold them and place into airtight containers so that they don't become dry.
More Pancake Recipes
If you tried this Vegan 'Nutella' Chocolate Oat Milk Crepes Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!Print
Vegan 'Nutella' Chocolate Oat Milk Crepes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 crepes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
My vegan oat milk crepes are perfectly thin and delicious. Fill them with vegan Nutella chocolate spread and fruits of your choice. Enjoy.
For the crepe batter:
- 190g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 25ml canola oil
- 0.5 teaspoon almond extract
- 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 400ml oat milk (room temperature)
For the filling:
- Vegan chocolate hazelnut spread (to taste)
- Chopped strawberries (to taste)
- Chopped bananas (to taste)
Make the crepes:
- Add the flour to a large mixing bowl then pour in all of your other crepe batter ingredients. Whisk the ingredients together well until all lumps have gone. A few lumps are okay.
- Brush a non-stick, large crepe pan or frying pan or with a small drop of oil (2 teaspoons) or 1 Tablespoon of vegan butter and place it over a medium-high heat.
- Pour roughly 1/3 cup (80ml) of crepe batter into the frying pan. Tip the pan, rotating in a circular motion until the crepe is super thin and covers the circumference.
- Cook for roughly 2 minutes on one side. The crepe will turn golden brown on the bottom. Your crepe should also loosen by itself when crispy but if it’s a little stuck, use a metal fork or a flat-edged tool to loosen the edges carefully so that it can be flipped.
- Flip the crepe and cook for a further 30-60 seconds on the other side until golden brown. Repeat this process until all the batter has been used.
Garnish the crepes:
- You can decorate the crepes with the chocolate spread, bananas and strawberries as you wish. I like to divide my crepe into quarters and fold it over itself with the fillings inside. See the process shots in the blog post to see how I fold these crepes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breakfast Recipes
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Nutella Oat Milk Crepes
- Serving Size: 1 Crepe
- Calories: 179
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 22 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan crepes, vegan pancakes, vegan breakfast, vegan nutella, nutella lover, crepes
Claire Goulding says
kids loved this easy treat 🙂