Fluffy Banana Pancakes
If you love your pancakes on the thicker side, you'll absolutely adore these vegan protein pancakes which are what some would refer to as 'American-style pancakes'.
As you love pancake stacks so much, why don't you check out my vegan brown sugar cereal pancakes too?
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Large ripe banana - as the egg replacer
- Golden caster sugar - this type of sugar is the same as superfine sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Self-raising flour - this makes the pancake an 'American-style' pancake. Much fluffier.
- Baking powder
- Vegan protein powder - I used peanut butter protein powder.
- Soy milk
- Vegan butter - for frying the pancakes
How To Make Protein Banana Pancakes
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Add the banana, sugar, oil, vanilla and salt to a bowl. Mix well.
Fold in the flour, baking powder and protein powder.
Finally, whisk in the soy milk.
Add your vegan butter to the hot frying pan.
Spoon 2 tablespoons of pancake batter to the hot pan.
When the pancake starts to bubble, flip.
Cook until both sides are golden brown.
Stack your pancakes and garnish with bananas and maple syrup.
Tips For Making Perfect American-Style Pancakes
Keep Checking your pancakes when they start to bubble.
Some people have gas stoves and some people have electric stoves. When the pancakes are flippable and bubbling, keep checking the other side to see whether it has turned golden brown. Cooking times vary.
Don't over mix the batter.
For the fluffiest pancakes, simply fold the pancake batter.
Topping Ideas For Thick Pancakes
- Chopped nuts
- Fresh berries
- Dairy free yogurt
- Melted peanut butter
- Desiccated coconut
Which Protein Powder Is Best?
Any protein powder should work well. However, this depends on the flavour that you want the pancakes to have hint of.
The peanut butter protein powder in my pancakes was nice and not too overpowering.
Customise This Recipe
- Change the toppings. Use any fruit that you liked and swap maple syrup for something like melted chocolate or biscoff spread.
- Use any protein flavour. As I previously mentioned, you can use any protein powder. The only thing it will affect is the taste. Use a flavour that you love.
Frequently Asked Questions
Any protein powder will be fine for this recipe.
If you add too much protein powder, this why dry out your pancakes quickly.
How To Store My Vegan Protein Pancakes
Store these pancakes in the refrigerator for 24 hours after making them. Cover in plastic wrap.
More Breakfast Recipes
Vegan White Chocolate PancakesPrint
Fluffy Vegan High Protein Banana Pancakes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 pancakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
If you love your vegan protein pancakes, thick and fluffy these are perfect for you. Serve with chopped bananas and maple syrup. Enjoy.
- 1 large ripe banana (mashed)
- 30g golden caster sugar (superfine)
- 2.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 125g self-raising flour
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 20g vegan protein powder* (I used peanut butter) (see notes)
- 150ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter (for frying)
- Maple syrup (to taste)
- Sliced bananas (to taste) (optional)
Make the pancake batter:
- Mash your banana in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix in the golden caster sugar, oil, vanilla and salt.
- Add in the self-raising flour, baking powder and protein powder. Fold the batter and only mix a little. Over mixing will take away the fluffiness.
- Finally, stir in the soy milk.
Fry the pancakes:
- Grease a non-stick frying pan with vegan butter. Place the pan over a medium-low heat for 1 minute so it can get hot. Don’t place the temperature too high.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pancake batter to the pan. Fry for 1 minute 30 seconds or when it bubbles. This should mean that the other side is golden brown. If the pancake is a darker brown or cooking too quickly, turn the heat down a little.
- Every stove is different. Once the pancake has solidified, keep checking to see golden brown. If you’re using an electric stove, it may take a little longer.
- Pour some maple syrup over your banana protein pancakes. Top them with sliced bananas.
- Use any protein powder that you like.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Protein Banana Pancakes
- Serving Size: 3 Pancakes
- Calories: 435
- Sugar: 25.5 g
- Sodium: 959 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 69.9 g
- Protein: 10.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.8 mg
Keywords: vegan pancakes, protein pancakes, banana pancakes, breakfast recipes, vegan breakfast, easy recipes
Made these for breakfast one morning, very tasty pancakes and actually filled me up! Will be making again :))
I didn’t make these for the protein factor. They just looked great and they were lol