This cheesecake has so many flavours packed into one dessert but the great thing is that they all compliment each other perfectly. I love a vegan strawberry shortcake cheesecake but this one also has white chocolate mixed into the filling!
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Digestive biscuits/vegan Graham crackers - these are used for the base, the filling and the topping
- Vegan butter block - I like to use the Flora vegan butter block
- Fresh strawberries - avoid using frozen strawberries
- Maple syrup
- Vegan white chocolate - Use one that melts nicely like the one I used in my vegan white chocolate macadamia nut cookies.
- Unsalted cashew nuts - soak these overnight
- Vegan cream cheese
- Full-fat coconut milk - the thick part from the top of the can
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Cheesecake
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line an 8-inch springform tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
Blitz the Digestives or Graham crackers inside a high speed blender.
Add the melted butter to the base ingredients. Blitz again.
Press the base into the bottom of the springform tin firmly.
Add the compote ingredients to a saucepan. Mix together.
Heat the compote until it has thickened. Let it cool.
Melt the vegan white chocolate.
Add the filling ingredients to a high speed blender. Pulse until everything is fully combined.
Pour the filling into the springform tin.
Pour the compote onto the top of the filling.
Stir the strawberry compote into the filling. Refrigerate.
Add extra Digestive/Graham Cracker crumbs on top.
Tips For Making Vegan Cheesecakes
Let The Cheesecake Set Overnight
Vegan cheesecakes can often take longer to set than their non-vegan counterparts so this gives the cheesecake the best chance of having the best texture possible.
Depending on where you live in the world, you will use different vegan cream cheeses which are made from different ingredients. Therefore, somebody making this recipe in India may need more or less refrigeration time than somebody making this in the U.S.
Use A Springform Pan
This will make it far easier for you to remove the cheesecake from the tin. If you decided to use a tin without a removable bottom, you are taking a far bigger risk.
Why No Bake Cheesecakes Are The Best
The great thing about no-bake cheesecakes is that once you have poured the filling into the tin, you can just leave it to chill without having to check upon it for a long time.
Of course, baked cheesecakes need to be monitored much more.
What is Strawberry Compote?
Compote is similar to jam but tends to use less sugar and lasts less time in the fridge. Compote also uses a thickener such as, cornstarch (cornflour).
Yes. This way to you can easily remove the cheesecake when it is set. Otherwise you will have a tough time.
Yes, most Digestives including the originals are vegan.
Simply swap out the Digestives/Graham crackers for a gluten free cookie of your choice.
How To Store This Cheesecake
Store this strawberry shortcake white chocolate cheesecake in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. I like to store each slice inside an airtight container.
More No Bake Treats
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake White Chocolate Cheesecake (No Bake)
For the crust:
- 270 g Digestive biscuits or alternatively vegan Graham crackers
- 90 g vegan butter block
- Pinch of salt
For the strawberry compote:
- 180 g fresh strawberries tops chopped off
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 40 ml water
For the filling:
- 250 g vegan white chocolate chopped
- 200 g unsalted cashew nuts soaked in water overnight
- 300 g vegan cream cheese
- 200 g full-fat coconut milk* refrigerate can overnight and use the thick cream from the top of the tin (see notes)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 30 g Digestive biscuits or Graham cracker crumbs
- Digestive/Graham cracker crumbs optional
Make the crust:
- Line the bottom of an 8” spring form cake tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a high-speed blender or a food processor, add the Digestives or Graham crackers depending on which you are using. Blitz them for about 30-40 seconds. The crumbs should be fine.
- In a small saucepan, melt your vegan butter over a low heat then pour it to the blitzed cookie crumbs along with the salt and pulse again. The mixture should have the consistency of wet sand.
- Press the cookie crust mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking tin. I like to use the bottom of a glass to press it in compactly. This stops it from crumbling later on.
- Place the base into the freezer while you make the strawberry compote and the filling.
Make the Strawberry compote:
- To a small saucepan, add your strawberry compote ingredients. Mix until combined.
- Place over a medium-high heat and bring to a simmer, stirring regularly. When the mixture begins to simmer, reduce to a low heat and cover for 12 minutes or until the compote thickens.
- Remove from the heat and let the compote cool down. Set aside.
Make the filling:
- Add your vegan white chocolate to a heat-proof bowl. Place it over a pan of boiling water on the hob. Constantly stir the white chocolate over the heat until it has melted fully. Set aside.
- Drain the soaked cashews then add them to a high-speed blender. Also, add the melted vegan white chocolate, vegan cream cheese, coconut milk (thick part), maple syrup, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, salt and biscuit/cracker crumbs. Blend until smooth.
- Pour your strawberry shortcake cheesecake filling into the prepared tin.
- Pour the strawberry compote onto the cheesecake and use a skewer or a knife to swirl it into the cheesecake. Make sure it is nice and smooth on top. Place it into the fridge overnight or at least for 7 hours to set.
Add the topping:
- When your cheesecake has set, remove from the tin. Top with extra Digestive/graham cracker crumbs if you wish.
- Refrigerating the coconut milk can overnight will solidify half the coconut milk into a creamy texture. Use this for the cheesecake filling.