A Delicious Biscoff Treat
This quick and easy vegan Biscoff mug cake is the perfect treat for when you want something sweet almost immediately.
When i'm feeling a spontaneous goodie but I don't have much time, I often head to the kitchen to make this very recipe. It may only take a few minutes but it tastes great, I promise!
Biscoff fans will also adore my Biscoff baked oats recipe.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Biscoff spread - this will be used for the cake batter and the topping.
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Soy milk - you can also use almond milk or oat milk.
- Vegetable oil
- Biscoff cookie crumbs - sprinkle it over the top of the cake.
How To Make A Dairy-Free & Vegan Biscoff Mug Cake
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Melt the Biscoff spread inside a large ramekin.
2: Mix in the dry ingredients.
3: Add the wet ingredients and cook in the microwave.
4: Let the mug cake cool. Top with Biscoff cookie crumbs and melted Biscoff spread.
Tips For Making A Biscoff Mug Cake
Don't Over-Mix The Cake
It will turn out to be dense and inedible. Be patient and fold the flour in with a small spoon.
Don't Over-Cook The Cake
After the mug cake has been in for one minute, keep checking on it every 10 seconds.
Use A Microwave-Safe Mug
Make sure that your mug doesn't have any metallic parts are this is a danger hazard.
What Is A Mug Cake?
A mug cake is literally a cake that you can make inside a mug or a large ramekin. As they are much smaller than ordinary cakes they require minimal ingredients.
You also often cook them inside a microwave for speed as opposed to a conventional oven.
Why You Will Love This Mug Cake
- It only takes 1 minute to cook.
- The texture is so soft and delicious.
- This recipe is a Biscoff lover's dream.
- It is topped with MORE melted Biscoff spread and Biscoff cookie crumbs.
- This recipe is fully dairy-free and vegan.
Variations & Substitutions
- Add some extra toppings and fillings. Try mixing in some chocolate chips to the cake batter. I really recommend it. I also love to add some store-bought, dairy-free whipped cream on top from time to time.
How To Serve This Mug Cake
Serve with extra melted Biscoff spread which can be drizzled on top and then you can also sprinkle on some Biscoff biscuit crumbs too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Biscoff spread is 100% vegan.
If you over-mix the mug cake batter, it may become chewy.
This could be because you left it in the microwave for too long. The mug cake will continue to cook when it exits the microwave so I often advise slightly underbaking them.
How To Store Your Mug Cake
I recommend that you eat this mug cake, fresh as soon as you cook it. Alternatively, you can cover the mug with plastic wrap and let it sit at room temperature for the rest of the day.
More Mug Cake RecipesPrint
Easy Lotus Biscoff Mug Cake (Vegan)
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1 mug cake 1x
- Diet: Vegan
If you love easy recipes, you'll love this vegan biscoff mug cake which is so simple and so tasty. Top with extra melted biscoff and enjoy.
For the mug cake batter:
- 2.5 Tablespoons Biscoff spread
- 4 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
For the topping:
- Melted Biscoff spread (to taste)
- Biscoff cookie crumbs (to taste)
Make the mug cake:
- Add the Biscoff spread to a microwave-safe mug or large ramekin. Melt it inside the microwave for roughly 30 seconds until it melts. It may be a few seconds more (or less) depending on the power of your microwave. It should be runny.
- Next, mix in the all-purpose flour, baking powder and brown sugar until combined.
- Pour in your soy milk and vegetable oil then fold the dry mixture into the wet ingredients. The batter should be just combined.
- Cook the mug cake in the microwave for 70-80 seconds. Once it gets past the 1-minute mark, keep checking on it as every microwave is different. I like mine to be slightly underbake don top as it will continue to cook as it cools at room temperature.
- Top the mug cake with extra melted Biscoff spread and Biscoff cookie crumbs.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Quick & Easy
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Biscoff Mug Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Mug Cake
- Calories: 441
- Sugar: 14.4 g
- Sodium: 324.1 mg
- Fat: 28.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.5 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: mug cake, microwave cake, biscoff cake, biscoff, lotus biscoff, biscoff recipe