These vegan banana chocolate chip cookies are just what you need to fill those sweet treat cravings. The ripeness of the banana allows this recipe to shine. I think you'll love them.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Medium, very ripe banana - a ripe banana will give the cookies a stronger banana flavour. I also used these for my vegan peanut butter banana cake.
- Vegan chocolate chips - or vegan chocolate chunks
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Soy milk
How To Make Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Add the banana and dry ingredients to a large bowl.
Combine the dry ingredients.
Add the wet ingredients and form a cookie dough ball. Refrigerate.
Roll the cookie dough into balls and bake.
Let them cool and enjoy.
Tips For Making Chocolate Chip Cookies
Bake The Cookies Until They Are Golden On The Outside
When the cookies are beginning the firm on the outside and are becoming golden brown take them out from the oven. The centre of the cookies will set at room temperature.
Use Ripe Bananas
This will give you flavoursome banana cookies.
Refrigerate The Cookie Dough
This will help the cookie spread more evenly in the oven. Refrigerating will also give them a better texture.
How Do I Know Why My Chocolate Chip Cookies Are Ready?
The edges should be golden brown and quite crispy. The centre of the cookies may look a little underdone but they will firm up at room temperature when they come out of the oven.
How Ripe Should My Bananas Be For Baking?
You want your bananas to be as spotty as possible and fairly black. This means that they will be super sweet and flavoursome.
You can also speed up the process by placing the bananas in the oven at 150 Celsius (300F) for 30 minutes until the peels turn black.
Customise This Recipe
- Use white chocolate chips. Vegan white chocolate chips also taste great in these cookies. Choose whichever your favourite is.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let the cookies cool on the tray at room temperature and they will firm up. Cookies tend to come out soft.
How To Store My Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store these chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 4 days.
More Banana Recipes
Easy Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 50 g light brown sugar
- 1 medium very ripe banana (mashed)
- 60 g vegan chocolate chips
- 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon soy milk
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the cookie dough:
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, banana and chocolate chips. Mix to combine.
- Now, add the vanilla extract, vegetable oil and soy milk. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to form a cookie dough.
- Use your hands to form a large cookie dough ball. It might be a little sticky. If so, roll the ball in a little extra flour.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Bake the cookies:
- When the cookie dough is almost ready to come out, preheat your oven to 160 Celsius (325F).
- Take the cookie dough out from the fridge. Use a cookie scoop to scoop 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie. Roll the scooped cookie dough into balls and place them 2-3 inches apart on the lined baking tray. They will spread. If the cookie dough is still a little sticky dust each ball with a sprinkle of flour again.
- Bake your cookies for 12-14 minutes in the centre of the oven, then let them cool for 10 minutes after they come out.