Chocolate Caramel Heaven
There's something about the combination of chocolate and caramel that can make almost anyone drool. These vegan Twix cookies are just what you need if you love those two sweet treats.
If caramel goodies are your favourite, also check out my vegan biscoff caramel bars too.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar - really helps the texture of the cookies
- Vegan chocolate chips - for both the cookies and the chocolate topping
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Soy milk
- Vegan dulce de leche caramel - see recipe here
How To Make Twix Cookies
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Add the dry ingredients to a bowl. Combine.
Add in the wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated.
Make a ball by squeezing the cookie dough together then refrigerate.
Scoop the cookie dough and roll into small balls. Place them on a lined baking tray then bake.
Let the cookies cool.
Make the vegan caramel.
Top with melted chocolate, refrigerate and serve.
Tips For Making Vegan Twix Cookies
Bake one batch of cookies at a time
Yes, this recipe makes 12 cookies but don't place two baking trays in the oven at once. Place 6 cookie dough balls onto each baking tray and bake one load at a time.
The centre of the oven is where the heat is distributed most evenly so place each tray in that spot for the specified amount of time instead of cramming them both in.
Use parchment paper
This prevents the cookies from spreading too much it grips to the bottom.
Chill your cookie dough
This makes the cookie dough firmer, resulting in a thicker, well-textured cookie that hasn't over-spread.
Twix are a type of chocolate bar in the UK consisting of shortbread, thick caramel and a coating of chocolate.
Yes. This improves both the texture and the taste of the cookies.
These cookies are better kept at room temperature.
How To Store My Vegan Cookies
Store these cookies at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for 5 days. Store in an airtight container.
More Cookie Recipes
Espresso Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint
Easy Vegan Twix Cookies
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 6 cookies 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These vegan twix cookies are just what you need. Thick, gooey caramel and creamy chocolate on a chocolate chip cookie. They're so good!
- 125g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 50g granulated sugar
- 50g light brown sugar
- 50g vegan chocolate chips
- 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2.5 Tablespoons soy milk
Make the chocolate:
- 70g vegan chocolate chips
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the cookie dough:
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all of the dry ingredients. Combine.
- Next, pour in the wet ingredients. Fold the dry into the wet to form a cookie dough. Be patient as it might seem quite dry at first but the texture will improve.
- Use your hands to form a large ball with the cookie dough and refrigerate for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Make the caramel:
- While the cookie dough is in the fridge, make the vegan dulce de leche caramel.
- You can either make your own caramel or buy store-bought vegan caramel. If you choose the homemade caramel, place it into the fridge once it has cooled down. It should thicken before the cookie dough is ready.
Bake the cookies:
- Just before the time is up, preheat your oven to 160 Celsius (325F).
- Take the cookie dough out of the fridge. Use a cookie scoop to scoop 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie. Roll them into balls and place them 2-3 inches apart on a baking tray as they will spread.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes in the centre of the oven, then let them cool for 10 minutes when you take them out.
- When they have cooled, spoon one tablespoon of the refrigerated vegan caramel onto the centre of each cookie. Spread it to the edges so that the cookies are covered.
Make the chocolate:
- Use the double-boiling method to melt the vegan chocolate chips by placing a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan with hot water in it. Place over a medium heat. Alternatively, you can melt your chocolate in another way that suits you.
- Place a teaspoon of melted chocolate over the caramel. Place the cookies in the fridge for 15-20 minutes so that the chocolate can set.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Twix Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 352
- Sugar: 32.2 g
- Sodium: 212.9 mg
- Fat: 15.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.5 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.9 mg
Keywords: twix, vegantwix, vegancaramel, veganbaking, vegancookies, vegantreats