Nutty & Sweet Banana Loaves
The sweetness of bananas meets delicious nuttiness with this vegan peanut butter banana cake. It's definitely one of the softest cakes that i've ever made.
If you love banana flavoured goodies, be sure to also check out my vegan banana brownies and my caramelized bananas too!
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar - this is for the vegan buttermilk.
- Very ripe bananas - the more ripe they are, the best the flavour will be.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Canola oil - this is the same thing as rapeseed oil.
- Vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar
- Peanut butter - use smooth peanut butter for the glaze.
Why I Love This Peanut Butter Banana Cake
- It's so moist and light.
- The flavour is perfectly nutty and sweet.
- This cake is a little healthier than others.
- It is fully vegan and dairy free.
- The glaze is complimentary to the cake.
How To Make Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Cake
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Grease two loaf cake tins with vegan butter.
2: Make the vegan buttermilk and let it curdle.
3: Mix together the dry ingredients and the ripe bananas inside a large bowl.
4: Add the wet ingredients and fold into a smooth batter. Pour into the cake tins and bake.
5: Let the baked loaf cakes cool in the tins.
6: Make the peanut butter glaze and spoon it over the cakes.
Tips For Making Banana Cakes
Use Ripe Bananas
The riper the bananas are, the better the taste of the cake will be. I personally love to have a strong banana flavour inside my banana cakes.
Ripe bananas also work as a very good vegan egg replacer which will give your loaf cakes an amazing, soft texture.
Make This Cake Nut-Free
A great alternative for nut butter is sunflower seed butter as it has a similar texture. This could be because you have an allergy or you simply may not like peanut butter.
Don't Over-Mix The Batter
We want our banana cakes to have the lightest texture possible. Over-mixing your cake batter will increase the chances of them to have a denser crumb.
Can I Freeze This Eggless Banana Cake?
Yes you certainly can! Slice the peanut butter banana cakes and place them into airtight, freezer-friendly containers or ziplock bags.
You can store the cake in your freezer for up to 3 months. You can stop the cakes from sticking together by placing a sheet of parchment paper between each slice.
How To Store Vegan Banana Cake
For short term storage, place this banana cake inside an airtight container and leave at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Alternatively, you can store in the fridge for up to 4 days (also in an airtight container).
More Banana CakesPrint
Best Vegan Peanut Butter Banana Cake
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This simple vegan peanut butter banana cake is one of the fluffiest cakes you'll try. The flavours compliment each other so well.
For the banana cake batter:
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large, very ripe bananas (mashed)
- 200g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50ml canola oil (rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For peanut butter glaze:
- 160g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 2 Tablespoons soy milk
- 20g peanut butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Grease two 20cm x 10cm loaf cake tins with vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the cake:
- Make vegan buttermilk by mixing the apple cider vinegar into the soy milk. Set aside for 7-8 minutes so that it can curdle. While you wait weight out your other cake ingredients.
- To a large bowl, add the ripe bananas, all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Mix well.
- Next, add the curdled soy milk, canola oil and vanilla extract. Fold the banana cake batter until it is smooth but don’t over-mix.
- Pour your cake batter equally into the prepared cake tins and bake in the centre of the preheated oven for 25 minutes. A skewer will come out clean when they’re done.
- Let the cake loaves cool in their tins for 15 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool fully.
Make the glaze:
- To a small bowl, add the powdered sugar and the soy milk. Mix well.
- Next, pour in your melted peanut butter and stir again.
- Spoon the peanut butter glaze over the cooled banana cakes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Peanut Butter Banana Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 28.9 g
- Sodium: 268.8 mg
- Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.8 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan banana cake, vegan banana bread, peanut butter cake, vegan bakes, vegan desserts, peanut butter banana cake
Harlee G says
The texture on this is amazing!!!