The Best Fudgy Chocolate Brownies
These vegan banana brownies are the gooiest, best-textured brownies that I've ever made. They're also completely gluten free, using oat flour which I love so much.
I think you will also love my vegan chocolate peanut butter cups recipe, as it is another amazing chocolate and gluten free treat.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Vegan chocolate bar - for melting.
- Large, ripe bananas - these are the egg replacers in this recipe.
- Dark brown soft sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Oat flour - this is gluten free and gives the brownies a great texture.
- Cocoa powder
- Vegan chocolate chips - for the brownie batter and topping.
Are Banana Brownies Vegan?
Banana brownies aren't ordinarily vegan as the traditional recipes call for ingredients such as, eggs and butter but my version is and I think you will love them!
Why You Will Love These Vegan Banana Brownies:
- They are very fudgy and chocolatey.
- The texture is moist.
- Banana flavours are strong.
- They are fully gluten-free and dairy-free.
- This easy recipe doesn't take long to make.
How To Make Banana Brownies
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Line the baking tin with parchment paper.
2: Melt the vegan chocolate bar.
3: Combine the wet ingredients, including the bananas in a bowl.
4: Fold in the dry brownies ingredients.
5: Fold in some vegan chocolate chips.
6: Pour the brownie batter into the lined tray and top with extra chocolate chips. Bake it.
7: Let the brownies cool fully.
8: Slice them and serve.
Tips For Making These Brownies
Use Very Ripe Bananas
This will give the brownies an intense and delicious banana flavour that a unripe banana could never give it.
Another benefit of them being rip is that they can act as vegan egg replacers when mashed. It's a win win.
Slicing These Brownies
Wait until the brownies have cooled down before you slice them into squares. This can be difficult as they're so tempting but trust me, these are gluten free and breakable. They ideally need a set a little.
How To Serve Banana Brownies
I love to have these healthier brownies for breakfast. Serve with a warm cup of tea or coffee and enjoy.
If you are eating the brownies warm, I recommend eating them with vegan vanilla ice cream. It's such a delicious combination.
How To Store Vegan Brownies
Store these vegan banana brownies inside an airtight container, inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
They taste so good when you eat them straight from the fridge when they're nice and cool. Alternatively, you can warm them up again.
More Brownie RecipesPrint
Easy Vegan Banana Brownies (gluten free)
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 Brownies 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These vegan banana brownies are by far the best textured brownies that i've ever made and they're also gluten free. You need to try them.
For the brownie batter:
- 100g vegan chocolate bar (melted)
- 2 large, ripe bananas (mashed)
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 90ml vegetable oil
- 0.5 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 100g oat flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 100g vegan chocolate chips (60g for filling and 40g for topping)
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F)
- Line a 7.5” square baking tray with parchment paper.
Make the brownie batter:
- Break the vegan chocolate bar into pieces and melt using the double-boiling (bain-marie) method.
- Mix the melted chocolate, bananas, dark brown sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Add in the oat flour, cocoa powder and salt. Fold with a rubber spatula. Then also fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the lined baking tin and add the rest of the chocolate chips on top. Bake for 20 minutes. When a skewer comes out clean, they are ready.
- Let them cool fully, then slice.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Banana Brownies
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 21.6 g
- Sodium: 101.5 mg
- Fat: 14.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: banana brownies, vegan brownies, fudgy brownies, vegan gluten free, gluten free brownies, vegan baking
These were good