Healthier & Still Delicious
This vegan caramelized bananas recipe is one the easiest you'll ever make. Chop up some bananas, fry them, flavour them and serve. They really do taste so good with toast or even oatmeal!
These are best eaten at breakfast time, as are my vegan high protein banana pancakes which are also so yummy if you love banana treats.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Ripe bananas - the riper the bananas the better the flavour.
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Vegan butter - I used Vitalite.
- Ground cinnamon
How To Make Caramelized Bananas
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Slice some bananas.
2: Cook the bananas in a frying pan.
3: Add the other ingredients to caramelize the bananas.
4: Serve warm on toast or eat them alone.
Tips For Making Pan Fried Caramelized Bananas
Don't Over Cook The Bananas
The cooking times for these caramelized bananas depends on the type of stove you have but keep an eye on them at all times so that they don't burn.
Cut The Bananas Thickly
I like to cut them so that there is an average thickness of roughly 2-3 centimetres. You can chop them a little thicker if you like.
Don't Overcrowd The Pan
This will make it difficult to manage and flip the bananas.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- It uses minimal ingredients
- It is very flavourful
- It is a healthier recipe
- It can be added to many things
How To Serve Caramelized Bananas
The BEST way to serve this treat is with vegan ice cream. Warm bananas contrasted with the texture of cold ice cream is a true winner.
They also go very nicely with breakfast pancakes and oatmeal. These are your caramelized bananas. Choose the best option for you!
How To Store Leftover Bananas
Store them in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can either reheat them or eat them cold. You can't go wrong.
More Banana Recipes:Print
Pan Fried Caramelized Bananas (Vegan)
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1 Portion 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These vegan caramelized bananas are full of flavour and so easy to make. Serve with oatmeal, french toast or eat them alone!
For the banana mixture:
- 2 ripe bananas (sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 0.5 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon vegan butter
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
Make the caramelized bananas:
- Chop your bananas into slices. I like mine to be about 2-3cm in thickness.
- Place the chopped bananas into a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Cook for a couple minutes flat side down.
- Add in the brown sugar, maple syrup, vegan butter, cinnamon and salt. Mix to combine with a wooden spoon over the heat.
- Cook for a further 2 minutes until the bananas become caramelised and golden brown.
- Transfer the bananas to a plate and serve immediately. Eat on its own or add to something like oatmeal, vegan ice-cream or French toast.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Breakfast Treats
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: Caramelized Bananas
- Serving Size: 1 Portion
- Calories: 327
- Sugar: 43.7 g
- Sodium: 2441.9 mg
- Fat: 6.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 71.7 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: caramelized bananas, vegan treats, vegan breakfast, healthy vegan recipes, healthy vegan, easy vegan recipes
Karen Palmer says
Thank you so much for this recipe