Delicious Cinnamon Swirl Cakes
If you love cinnamon swirls inside your cake, look no further than this vegan snickerdoodle cake which is covered with vanilla buttercream and is so easy to make.
I also think you'll love my vegan mocha cake for more cake deliciousness.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar - the vital ingredient for the vegan buttermilk
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar - you can also use light brown sugar this recipe for a moist crumb
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Canola oil - this is the same as rapeseed oil
- Vanilla extract
- Light brown sugar - for the cinnamon swirl
- Ground cinnamon
- Vegan butter block - a vegan butter block has a better texture for buttercream than vegan margarine
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Vegan Snickerdoodle Cake
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Grease two loaf cake tins with vegan butter.
Mix together the soy milk and apple cider vinegar to make the vegan buttermilk.
Mix together the dry ingredients.
Pour in the wet ingredients.
Fold the mixture together to form a batter.
Pour the batter into the cake tins.
Mix together the dry cinnamon swirl ingredients.
Mix the melted vegan butter into the cinnamon swirl mixture.
Add the cinnamon swirl mixture to the top of the cake batter.
Swirl the cinnamon into the cake batter, then bake.
Let the cakes cool in the tins. Make the vegan buttercream in the meantime.
Cream the vegan butter in a stand mixer.
Add the powdered sugar and cream again.
Tips For Making Vegan Cinnamon Swirl Cakes
Let The Cakes Cool Before Glazing
Otherwise the glaze will melt. When the cake cools, the glaze will spread evenly.
Swirl In The Cinnamon Swirl
When the cinnamon mixture is made, don't just add it to the top of the cake batter. Swirl it into it.
Frequently Asked Questions
A snickerdoodle is traditionally a sugar cookie that has been rolled in cinnamon sugar.
How To Store My Snickerdoodle Cake
Store these cakes in the fridge inside an airtight container for up to four days.
More Cinnamon RecipesPrint
Easy Vegan Snickerdoodle Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan snickerdoodle cake is so soft and is filled with delicious cinnamon swirls. Finally, there is vanilla buttercream on top.
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 200g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50ml canola oil (rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50g light brown sugar
- 20g all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 30g vegan butter (melted)
- 225g vegan butter block* (see notes)
- 240g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 0.25 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Secondly, grease two 20cm x 10cm loaf cake tins with vegan butter. Set aside.
- Make your vegan buttermilk. Mix the apple cider vinegar into the soy milk. Let it curdle for 8 minutes. Also, measure out the other cake ingredients.
Make the cinnamon mixture:
- In a small bowl, add the light brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Mix.
- Add the melted vegan butter and mix again until combined. It should create a thick cinnamon swirl mixture. Set aside.
Make the cake:
- To a mixing bowl, add the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Next, pour in your vegan buttermilk as well as, the canola oil and the vanilla extract. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don’t over mix.
- Equally, pour your snickerdoodle cake batter into the two loaf tins. Spoon half of the cinnamon swirl mixture onto the batter of one of the loaf cakes. Swirl it in with a skewer or the bottom end of a knife. Repeat this step with the other cake.
- Bake the cakes in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the baked cakes cool in the loaf tins for 15 minutes. Transfer the cakes to a cooling rack.
Make the buttercream:
- Add the vegan butter block to a stand mixer and cream for two minutes with the whisk attachment.
- Pour in half of your powdered sugar to the stand mixer and cream again. The mixture should thicken. Once the powdered sugar is fully combined, add the rest of it along with the vanilla extract and beat again for two minutes to thicken it even more.
- Spread the vanilla buttercream onto the top of each loaf cake evenly.
- Use a block of vegan butter instead of vegan butter spread. I like using the Flora plant butter block as it creates much thicker vegan buttercream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Snickerdoodle Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 332
- Sugar: 36.5 g
- Sodium: 337.7 mg
- Fat: 12.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: snickerdoodle, snickerdoodle cake, cinnamon swirl, cinnamon cake, vegan baking, vegan cakes
I’ve always loved snickerdoodle cookies so I think I’ll love this cake too.