Copycat Chocolatey Coconut Bites
My vegan bounty bars are filled generously with a sweet coconut filling and make a good alternative to their commercial counterpart.
My recipe is a healthier version but they still have a nice thick shell of chocolate around them.
If you want to try another one of my copycat recipes, my vegan fudge stripe shortbread cookies are so soft and easy to make.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Desiccated coconut - the main filling ingredients.
- Maple syrup
- Full fat coconut milk - avoid using low fat coconut milk.
- Coconut oil
- Vegan chocolate - for the coating.
How To Make Vegan Bounty Bars
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Add all of the filling ingredients to a bowl.
2: Combine the ingredients.
3: Form bars of coconut with the filling ingredients.
4: Freeze the coconut bars.
5: Melt the chocolate.
6: Dip the coconut bars into the chocolate and refrigerate.
Why You Will Love These Chocolate Bounty Bars
- These bars are quick and easy to make.
- They are completely vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
- This recipe requires no baking.
- They make a great copycat recipe.
- The chocolate and coconut flavours taste amazing.
Tips For Making Vegan Bounty Bars
Use Silicone Moulds
Instead of forming the coconut bars with your hand you can alternately use silicone moulds instead. Press the coconut mixture into the moulds then freeze.
Dipping The Coconut
I usually use two forks but many people like to use two chopsticks to gain more control. A small pair of wooden tongues can work too.
Are Bounty Bars Vegan?
Commercial, store-bought chocolate Bounty bars are not vegan. However, my recipe replaces the dairy very well with the coconut cream and coconut oil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dairy-free dark baking chocolate is usually the best option as it melts so smoothly.
Yes, both the commercial and my own recipe are fully gluten free.
To make almond joy bars instead, simply press roasted almonds into the chocolate just after dipping then place in the fridge to set.
How To Store These Bounty Bars
Store these vegan chocolate bars inside an airtight container or ziplock bags. Place in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More No-Bake Recipes
Chocolate Orange Macadamia Nut Clusters
Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake BarsPrint
Chocolate Vegan Bounty Bars (No-Bake & Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 bars 1x
- Diet: Vegan
My vegan bounty bars are easy, no-bake and filled with coconut goodness. They make a great dairy-free, copycat alternative to the original!
For the bounty bars:
- 175g desiccated coconut
- 40ml maple syrup
- 30g full fat coconut milk (the thick part at the top of the can)
- 60g coconut oil (room temperature)
For the coating:
- 200g vegan chocolate (melted)
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper.
Make the coconut bars:
- Add all your ingredients to a large mixing bowl. Combine well then use your hands to mould the mixture into 6 equal bars by squeezing it together.
- Place each of the coconut bars onto the lined tray and freeze for 35 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate inside a heatproof bowl using the double-boiling method (bain-marie). Let it cool down so that the bars don’t break when being dipped in.
- Carefully, dip the bars into the cooled melted chocolate one at a time. I like to use two forks, but you can also use chopsticks. Place each bar back onto the lined baking tray again and this time, refrigerate them for a further 30-35 minutes so that the chocolate can set.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Category: No-Bake
- Method: No Baking
- Cuisine: Chocolate Bounty Bars
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 482
- Sugar: 26.6 g
- Sodium: 12.5 mg
- Fat: 39.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.5 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: copycat recipes, vegan bounty, vegan chocolate bar, vegan chocolate, vegan bounty bar, no bake
Daryl Keane says
I haven’t had a Bounty in years and these took me back to the real thing.
I’ll be making these again