Chunky Layered Sweet Treats
If you love a simple, (almost) no-bake treat look no further than these vegan chocolate peanut butter bars which are just so good!
They have a chocolate almond base, a creamy peanut butter centre and a chocolate topping.
Another dessert that I think you'll love is my new vegan blueberry cheesecake bars recipe which is also very easy.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Ground almonds - you can also use almond flour interchangeably.
- Cocoa powder - use high quality cocoa powder for this recipe.
- Vegan butter block
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Smooth peanut butter - I prefer this to crunchy peanut butter.
- Solid coconut oil
- Vegan baking chocolate - baking chocolate melts smoothly.
How To Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Almond Bars
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Line a large, square baking tin.
2: Make the almond chocolate base.
3: Press the base into the lined tin.
4: Bake the base.
5: Make the peanut butter filling.
6: Pour the peanut butter filling over the base. Refrigerate.
7: Melt the chocolate then pour it over the peanut butter filling which will have set. Refrigerate again.
Tips For Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
Use A Large Piece Of Parchment Paper
I like to let my parchment paper overhang the baking tray. This makes it easy to remove the treat before slicing it.
Don't Use A Microwave To Melt Ingredients
This will cause them to become clumpy. Microwaves don't melt things evenly and even make chocolate difficult to stir.
Instead, melt the chocolate and peanut butter mixtures separately over the stove using the double-boiling (bain-marie) method.
Why You Will Love These Bars
- These vegan chocolate peanut butter bars are so easy to make.
- They're creamy and crunchy.
- The bars are completely no-bake.
- This recipe is 100% vegan and dairy-free.
Frequently Asked Questions
They freeze very nicely. Store inside an airtight container or freezer-friendly storage bags.
Yes! This recipe calls for an 8-inch, square baking tin but feel free to use a 7-inch one instead. Yours bars will be a little thicker but they will taste the same.
You can swap out the ground almonds for almond flour, 1:1. This should affect the texture too much. You can also try using oat flour, 1:1. Although I haven't tested that, I think it'd work quite well.
Adding extra melted dairy free butter should do the trick.
How To Store These No-Bake Bars
These bars will keep in the fridge for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months inside an airtight container.
More Peanut Butter Recipes
Vegan Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana CakePrint
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Almond Bars (Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Yield: 16 Bars 1x
- Diet: Vegan
My vegan chocolate peanut butter bars are so simple, yet full of delicious textures, flavours and sweetness. Give them a try!
- 240g ground almonds
- 50g cocoa powder
- 90g vegan butter block (melted)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 300g smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter
- 40g solid coconut oil
- 130ml maple syrup
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 160g vegan baking chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Line an 8x8 inch square baking tin with parchment paper.
Make the almond base:
- In a mixing bowl, combine your ground almonds, cocoa powder, vegan butter, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Continue to fold the mixture until combined, then press the base into the bottom of the lined baking tin with the bottom of a glass or with your hands.
- Place the base into the preheated oven to bake for 10 minutes while you prepare the filling.
Make the peanut butter filling:
- Add all the peanut butter filling ingredients to a large, heatproof bowl. Using the double-boiling (bain-marie) method, cook until all the ingredients have melted into one smooth mixture.
- Pour the filling over the base then refrigerate for 1 hour so it can set.
Make the chocolate topping:
- Make the chocolate using the double-boiling method again. Stir regularly until melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter filling. Place back in the fridge for a further 15-20 minutes to set again.
- Slice into squares and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- Category: Gluten Free
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: Chocolate Peanut Butter Almond Bars
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 16.5 g
- Sodium: 310.3 mg
- Fat: 20.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.3 g
- Protein: 7.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: no bake, no bake recipes, peanut butter recipes, vegan chocolate bar, easy vegan recipes, vegan gluten free
Yes please 😍