Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Dates
If you're looking for a healthier but still delicious treat, you need to try these easy peanut butter stuffed dates which are topped generously with melted chocolate. I think you'll love them!
Quick and easy recipes are always convenient and I also think you'll like my peanut butter mug cake for that reason.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Medjool dates - these are the best dates for this recipe as they are soft, rich and caramel-like.
- Smooth peanut butter - you can also use crunchy peanut butter.
- Vegan chocolate chips
How To Make Stuffed Dates
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Slice open the medjool dates.
2: Fill the dates with peanut butter.
3: Sprinkle on the chopped peanuts.
4: Drizzle the stuffed dates with melted vegan chocolate. Freeze.
5: Serve the dates.
Are Stuffed Dates Healthy?
In general, dates are a wonderful source of fibre, vitamins and minerals. However, dates are high in sugar so they should be eaten in moderation. As these are peanut butter stuffed dates, they also contain lots of protein and magnesium.
Which Dates Should I Use For This Recipe? How To Choose The Best Ones
You want dates that are tender and easy to work with. Some tend to be quite firm. I love to use medjool dates as they are soft and delicious. I would describe their consistency as caramel-like and juicy which makes them perfect for a stuffed dates recipe.
How To Store These Stuffed Dates
Store in the fridge inside an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More Quick RecipesPrint
Easy Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 Stuffed Dates 1x
- Diet: Vegan
If you're after a simple, healthier treat, check out these heavenly peanut butter stuffed dates which are drizzled with vegan chocolate.
- 8 medjool dates
- 35g smooth peanut butter
- 1.5 Tablespoons peanuts (finely chopped)
- 30g vegan chocolate chips (melted)
- Pinch of sea salt (optional)
Make the stuffed dates:
- Slice your dates down the centre almost all the way and remove the pits. Don’t slice all the way through. The dates should open and close like a book.
- Fill each date with a spoonful of smooth peanut butter and a few chopped peanut pieces.
- Melt the vegan chocolate chips using the double-boiling method or in the microwave. Close the dates and drizzle chocolate onto each other them. Garnish with a little sea salt if you wish.
- Place the dates in the freezer to set for 15 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Quick & Easy
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: Peanut Butter Stuffed Dates
- Serving Size: 1 Date
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 19.1 g
- Sodium: 19 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.6 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: stuffed dates, chocolate dates, vegan treats, vegan snacks, healthy vegan recipes, healthy recipes
These tasted great!