Super Chocolatey Goodies
If you love your brownies to be fudgy, these vegan peanut butter brownies are just for you. They're also so easy to make and very tasty with peanut butter swirls on top.
Also see my vegan pumpkin brownies too which I think you will love.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vegan butter - any vegan butter that melts nicely
- Soy milk
- Vanilla extract
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Smooth peanut butter - you can substitute this for crunchy peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line a large, square baking tray with parchment paper.
Combine the dry brownie ingredients inside a large bowl.
Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to make your brownie batter.
Spoon the brownie batter into the lined baking tin.
Add the peanut butter mixture onto the brownie batter.
Swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter. Bake.
Let the brownies cool a little. Serve warm.
Tips For Making Vegan Brownies
Eat The Brownies Warm
I can't stress this enough. These brownies taste great warm as they are very fudgy and very chocolatey. If you prefer them cooler, that's also fine.
Substitute For Crunchy Peanut Butter
If you opt to use crunchy peanut butter instead, you're in for a great surprise. These brownies taste great with a crunch on top to go with the chocolate flavours.
I'm aware that not everybody likes it this way and therefore, they recipe calls for regular peanut butter.
How To Store These Peanut Butter Brownies
Store these vegan brownies at room temperature for up to two days or in the fridge for up to four days.
More Brownie RecipesPrint
Fudgy Vegan Peanut Butter Brownies
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 Brownies 1x
- Diet: Vegan
If you like your brownies to be fudgy, look no further. These ones have all the fudginess that you need along with peanut butter bliss.
For the brownie batter:
- 165g all-purpose flour
- 120g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 100g granulated sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 150g vegan butter (melted)
- 250ml soy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60g vegan chocolate chips
Peanut Butter Swirl:
- 150g smooth peanut butter
- 20g vegan butter (melted)
- 60g powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius (356F).
- Line a 9-inch, square baking tin with parchment paper then set aside.
Make the brownie batter:
- To a large bowl, add the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix till combined.
- Next, in a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated and light brown sugars and vegan butter.
- Next, pour in the soy milk and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and fold them together until a smooth brownie batter forms. Also fold in the chocolate chips.
Make the peanut butter swirl mixture:
- In a bowl, mix all four of the peanut butter swirl ingredients until combined.
Assemble & bake the brownies:
- Spoon the brownie batter into the lined baking tin. Spoon dollops of the peanut butter swirl mixture on top then use the back of a knife or a skewer to swirl it into the brownie mixture.
- Bake the brownies for 20 minutes in the centre of your oven.
- Allow the peanut butter brownies to cool in the baking tray for 10 minutes then serve warm. I like to have mine with dairy free ice cream.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Peanut Butter Brownies
- Serving Size: 1 Brownie
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 26.9 g
- Sodium: 232.7 mg
- Fat: 16.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.7 g
- Protein: 7.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan brownies, vegan chocolate cake, vegan baking, vegan treats, vegan food, vegan recipes
These look amazing