The Creamiest Blueberry Treat
This vegan blueberry pie recipe isn't the usual type you might expect with a pie crust and pastry. This is a no-bake, creamy blueberry treat which is almost like a softer, less-firm version of a cheesecake.
If you love desserts more on the creamier side, you'll adore my vegan banoffee pie.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
You Need To Try This Cake Because It Is:
- Easy to make
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Fresh blueberries - these will be used for both the topping and the filling.
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Maple syrup
- Digestive biscuits or vegan Graham crackers - for the base.
- Vegan butter block - I love to use Flora and Naturli.
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan cream cheese - I used the vegan Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Silken tofu
- Coconut cream
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cold water
- Agar-agar powder
How To Make Vegan Blueberry Cream Pie
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Line a round baking tin with parchment paper.
2: Make the blueberry compote filling.
3: Blend together the base ingredients.
4: Press the base into the baking tin.
5: Make the cream pie filling.
6: Stir the agar-agar powder into water and cook until slightly thickened.
7: Add the agar to the filling and pour it into the prepared tin.
8: Mix the blueberry compote into the filling and then chill in the fridge.
9: Make the blueberry topping
10: Pour the blueberry topping onto the chilled cream pie and place back into the fridge for a short while.
11: Serve and enjoy.
Tips For Making Blueberry Cream Pie
Thawing Frozen Berries
I recommend using fresh blueberries for this recipe but if you can't get fresh ones where you live, you can use frozen blueberries instead. Let them thaw in a colander over a bowl for 3-4 hours. This way the juices can be caught.
Don't Over-Cook The Agar Mixture
You only want to the thicken the agar-agar slightly when simmering it. If you cook it for too long, it will turn into jelly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can! The only thing in this recipe that needs to be replaced are the Digestives/Graham crackers. You can get gluten free versions of both of these in stores these days.
How To Store This Vegan Blueberry Pie
Store this blueberry cream pie in the fridge for up to four days. Don't store at room temperature.
More Blueberry RecipesPrint
Vegan Blueberry Cream Pie (No-Bake)
- Total Time: 7 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cream Pie 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan blueberry pie is a treat for all lovers of creaminess. It's completely no-bake and tastes like a piece of blueberry heaven.
For the blueberry compote:
- 150g fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the base:
- 270g Digestive biscuits or vegan Graham crackers, or gluten free (finely crushed)
- 90g vegan butter block
- Pinch of salt
For the cream filling:
- 120g vegan cream cheese
- 400g silken tofu
- 100g coconut cream
- 1 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 120g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1.5 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 75ml cold water
- 2 teaspoons agar-agar powder
For the blueberry topping:
- 220g fresh blueberries
- 45g granulated sugar
- 0.5 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Line the bottom of an 8” springform cake tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the blueberry filling:
- To a small saucepan, add the blueberries, lemon juice, maple syrup and cornstarch. Mix to combine.
- Place the mixture over a medium heat and stir as the blueberries begin to soften. Squash the blueberries with a wooden spoon so that a smoother compote forms. Continue to cook for a further 8 minutes over a medium-low heat. It should thicken by this point.
- Pour the compote into a dish then let it cool fully in the fridge. In the meantime, we can prepare the other parts of the no-bake blueberry pie.
Make the crust:
- In a high-speed blender or a food processor, add the Digestive biscuits or Graham crackers and blitz them for about 30-40 seconds so that fine crumbs form.
- Melt the vegan butter inside a small saucepan over a low heat. Pour it into the blitzed cookie crumbs along with the salt then pulse again. The Digestive mixture should now have the consistency of wet sand.
- Press your cookie crust mixture into the bottom of the lined baking tin with the bottom of a glass to make it nice and compact.
- Place the base into the freezer to set while you make the filling.
Make the filling:
- To the high-speed blender add all the filling ingredients except the agar-agar powder and the cold water. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in the water into a medium-sized saucepan. Next, stir in the agar-agar powder until it dissolves completely.
- Bring the agar-agar water to a boil and stir constantly for 2 minutes until the mixture has thickened just a little.
- Immediately add the agar-agar to the cream filling mixture and blend again to combine.
- Pour the cream filling into the lined springform tin. Add the blueberry compote to the surface of the filling and use a skewer or a blunt knife to swirl it in.
- Place the cream pie into the fridge for at least 6-7 hours to set.
Make the blueberry topping:
- Just before the cream tart is ready to come out of the fridge, make the blueberry topping. To a small saucepan, add the blueberries, granulated sugar and lemon juice. Stir continuously for 5 minutes over a medium heat until the blueberries have softened slightly, and juice has been released and is almost covering the blueberries.
- Drain the blueberry juice through a sieve then add it back to the pan. Transfer the blueberries to a separate bowl.
- Cook the blueberry juice again in the saucepan over a medium heat until reduced and the consistency has thickened like syrup.
- Pour the thickened blueberry juice over the softened blueberries in the bowl then stir together.
- Take the tart out from the fridge then remove it from the tin carefully.
- Let the blueberry topping cool a little then pour it over the chilled blueberry cream tart evenly.
- Place the tart back in the fridge for a further 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 hours
- Category: No Bake
- Method: No Baking
- Cuisine: Cream Pie
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 501
- Sugar: 26.1 g
- Sodium: 653.4 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.9 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 10.1 mg
Keywords: vegan blueberry pie, vegan cream pie, vegan desserts, vegan tart, no bake recipes, blueberry tart
Sally Penrith says
Beautiful pie! 💜