Four Ingredient Chocolate Treats
These macadamia nut clusters are infused with yummy chocolate orange flavours and they are so easy to make. Simply combine all of the ingredients, freeze and enjoy!
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Vegan dark chocolate - baking chocolate is best.
- Macadamia nuts - use whole macadamia nuts.
- Ground flaxseed meal - makes the clusters a little healthier.
- Orange zest - infuses the clusters with orange flavour.
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Orange Clusters
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Melt your vegan chocolate.
2: Mix in the remaining ingredients.
3: Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases.
4: Top with orange zest and place into the fridge to set.
Tips For Making Macadamia Nut Clusters
Use Baking Specific Chocolate
Baking chocolate melts far better than most other types of chocolate. When I tested this recipe, I originally tried chocolate chips but they simply don't melt very well. They're clumpy when they melt. Use dark baking chocolate for this recipe if you can.
Don't Set Them For Too Long
They will become too hard and difficult to bite through.
Why You Will Love These Treats
- They are quick & easy to make.
- The clusters are infused with chocolate orange flavours.
- There are plenty of macadamia nuts inside each piece.
- Only 4 ingredients are needed.
- This recipe is completely vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free.
What Are Chocolate Macadamia Clusters?
They are made from chocolate that has been mixed together with macadamia nuts and then set in the fridge to harden. That would be the most basic version, although I have added a couple extra ingredients.
Customisations & Substitutions
- Add an extra topping. Chocolate orange tastes great alone with flaxseeds but why not add another topping? I love adding a second type of nut to the outer shell such as chopped hazelnuts or peanuts.
- Use vegan milk chocolate instead. This will give the macadamia nut clusters a creamier taste in comparison to the dark chocolate that this recipe calls for.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, these are completely gluten free!
How To Store These Chocolate Bites
Store your no-bake, chocolate treats at room temperature or inside the fridge for up to 5 days.
More No-Bake Goodies
4-Ingredient Chocolate Orange Macadamia Nut Clusters (Vegan + Gluten Free)
For the chocolate clusters:
- 300 g vegan dark chocolate melted
- 200 g macadamia nuts
- 130 g ground flax seed meal
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
Make the clusters:
- Melt the dark chocolate using the double-boiling (bain-marie) method.
- Mix in the macadamia nuts, flaxseed meal and orange zest until fully incorporated and coated.
- Spoon the mixture into 10 regular cupcake cases. Top with a sprinkle of extra flaxseeds and a little bit more orange zest if you wish.
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes to set the clusters and enjoy.