A Rich & Decadent Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake
This smooth and chocolatey vegan snickers cheesecake is so dreamy and easy to make. Just blend all of the ingredients, add them to a spring form tin and let it set. It is also completely gluten free too!
If chocolate peanut butter treats are your things, I also made a vegan chocolate snickers cake recipe which tastes great!
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Gluten free or regular digestives or vegan graham crackers
- Vegan butter block - for the base.
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan dark chocolate
- Unsalted cashews - to be blended with the water.
- Vegan cream cheese - I love to use the vegan Philadelphia spread.
- Smooth peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Chopped peanuts - for the cheesecake topping.
- Vegan dulce de leche caramel
Why You Will Love This Cheesecake
- This treat is rich, creamy and luscious.
- It requires only a little prep before being played in the fridge.
- The cheesecake is topped with vegan caramel.
- This recipe is vegan, dairy-free and gluten free.
How To Make A Vegan Snickers Cheesecake
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Line a round, springform tin with parchment paper.
2: Blitz the Digestives inside a blender.
3: Add the melted vegan butter to the mixture.
4: Press the base into the prepared tin.
5: Blend together the cashews and the water.
6: Add the other filling ingredients, except the chocolate.
7: Melt the vegan chocolate.
8: Add the melted chocolate to the filling mixture and blend again.
9: Pour the filling into the tin. Sprinkle on some peanuts. Place into the fridge to set.
10: Garnish with vegan caramel and serve.
Tips For Making Dairy Free Chocolate Cheesecakes
Freeze The Base
While you make the chocolate peanut butter cheesecake filling, make sure that you place the base into the freezer. This will give it chance to firm up a little before the chocolate is poured onto it.
Use The Bain-Marie Method To Melt The Chocolate
This is where you place a heatproof bowl over some boiling water and continuously stir the chocolate until it melts.
I've found that this method helps to prevent the chocolate from burning.
Customisations & Substitutions
If you don't have Digestives where you live. Use Graham crackers instead. I don't know whether a vegan and gluten free version of Graham crackers exist but if they do they will be perfect. This is an optional gluten free recipe so if not, regular vegan ones will do.
How To Store Chocolate Cheesecakes
Store this chocolate peanut butter cheesecake inside the fridge for up to 1 week. It will still taste great whenever you choose to eat it!
More Cheesecake Recipes
Vegan Peanut Butter CheesecakePrint
Best Vegan Snickers Cheesecake (Gluten Free + No-Bake)
- Total Time: 5 hours 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cheesecake 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This creamy vegan snickers cheesecake is the dessert of your dreams. It is topped with a dairy free dulce de leche caramel. I hope you enjoy!
For the crust:
- 180g gluten free digestives or regular digestives (vegan graham crackers also work but they’re not GF)
- 60g vegan butter block
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 250g vegan dark chocolate (chopped)
- 85g unsalted cashews* (soaked overnight) (see notes)
- 150ml water
- 450g vegan cream cheese
- 50g smooth peanut butter
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped peanuts (to taste)
- Vegan dulce de leche caramel or store-bought vegan caramel sauce (to taste)
Make the crust:
- Line a round, 8” spring form cake tin with parchment paper then set aside.
- Add the Digestive biscuits to a high-speed blender or a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs form.
- Melt your vegan butter then pour it into the blender along with the salt. Pulse again until the mixture has the texture of wet sand.
- Press the Digestive crust mixture into the bottom of the spring form tin. I use the bottom of a glass to press it in nice and compactly.
- Place your base into the freezer while you make the filling.
Make the filling:
- Add your dark chocolate to a heat-proof bowl and place it over a pan boiling water (bain-marie). Stir the chocolate over a low heat until it has melted completely.
- Drain the soaked cashews then add them to a high-speed blender along with the water. Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Now, add in your vegan cream cheese, peanut butter, granulated sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and salt. Blend again until a smooth mixture forms.
- Lastly, add in the melted dark chocolate. Blend one more time.
- Pour the snickers cheesecake filling into the lined tin and place it into the fridge for 5 hours to set.
Make the caramel topping:
- For this recipe you can make your own vegan dulce de leche caramel or you can use store-bought vegan caramel.
- Make the caramel just before the cheesecake is due to come out of the fridge.
- When the caramel is ready, place it into the fridge for 30 minutes to thicken.
- Take the cheesecake out from the fridge along with the thickened caramel.
- Top the chocolate cheesecake with chopped peanuts, then drizzle on the thickened caramel.
- Make sure that you soak the cashews in water overnight.
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: No Bake
- Method: No Baking
- Cuisine: Snickers Cheesecake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 17.2 g
- Sodium: 579.5 mg
- Fat: 32.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.6 g
- Protein: 9.1 g
- Cholesterol: 37.9 mg
Keywords: vegan cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake, vegan snickers, snickers cheesecake, gluten free cheesecake, no bake cheesecake
This cake is incredible! Simple to make and yet it tastes like something I’d order for dessert in a fancy vegan restaurant!
One of the best cheesecakes I’ve ever tried. Thanks so much 😊