Sweet & Fruity Baked Slices
If you love the sound of a delicious traybake-style raspberry slice you'll love these easy vegan raspberry bars which are made up from oatmeal, crumble and a sweet raspberry filling.
They make a great late night supper with custard and are best served warm. Who wants a slice? For another homely and comforting treat, be sure to also check out my vegan pudding cake.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Important Ingredients Overview + Notes
- Instant oats - These make a great addition to the streusel.
- Vegan butter - Make sure that this is at room temperature when you use it or else the crumble won't have the right consistency.
- Cornstarch - This makes a great thickener for the filling. The jam always tastes better when it isn't thin and runny.
- Raspberry jam - I personally prefer seedless jam but if you like a seeded variety then that is not an issue at all. Store-bought jam is perfectly fine for this recipe.
- Raspberries - This recipe calls for fresh raspberries but if you only have frozen ones at hand, they are okay to use.
How To Make Raspberry Crumble Bars
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Line a large, square cake tin with parchment paper.
2: Make he crumble mixture.
3: Press the crumble base into the prepared tin. Bake.
4: Make the cornstarch mixture.
5: Add the remaining filling ingredients to the bowl.
6: Let the base cool fully.
7: Pour the filling over the base.
8: Sprinkle the remaining crumble over the filling. Bake.
9: Let the bars cool completely.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Let The Freshly Baked Bars Set
Once the bars are baked and have left the oven, it is tempting to slice straight away. However, they take quite a while to cool. Let them cool fully so that they can set and then you can slice. The filling will have thickened more by this point.
Use Frozen Raspberries
Although, this recipe calls for fresh raspberries, you can totally use frozen ones instead. Choose which you prefer.
Why You Will Love These Bars:
- They are golden brown and crumbly.
- These bars have a thick layer of jam in the centre.
- They're super easy to make.
- The bars are fully vegan and dairy free.
Store these vegan raspberry bars inside the fridge for up to 7 days. Also make sure that they're inside an airtight container.
More Raspberry Recipe InspirationPrint
Vegan Raspberry Crumble Oatmeal Bars
- Total Time: 42 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bars 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These easy vegan raspberry bars are covered with a beautiful, golden crumble and filled with a juicy jam filling. Who wants one?
For the crumble:
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 135g instant oats
- 140g light brown sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 180g vegan butter (cubed, room temperature)
For the raspberry filling:
- 3.5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1.5 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 teaspoon almond extract
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120g sweetened raspberry jam (jelly)
- 300g fresh raspberries
Make the crumble:
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (356F). Also grease and line an 8x8 inch, square baking tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Next add the vegan butter to the mixture. Use your hands to rub the butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture is crumbly and has the texture of breadcrumbs.
- Press two-thirds of your crumble mixture into the base of the lined baking tin firmly. You can use the bottom of a flat glass to pack it in tightly.
- Bake the base inside the pre-heated oven for 12 minutes. It should be slightly golden. Place the rest of the crumble in the fridge for now.
Make the raspberry filling:
- While the crumble base is in the oven, make the filling. To a large bowl, add the cornstarch and lemon juice and mix to form a paste. Next, mix in the almond extract, vanilla extract and jam. When the ingredients are combined, finally fold in the fresh raspberries.
- Pour the raspberry mixture over the crumble base. Make sure that it is level then sprinkle on the rest of the crumble for the topping.
Bake the bars:
- Bake in the centre of your oven for 25 minutes. The topping should be golden brown, and the filling should be bubbling a little around the edges.
- Let the crumble oatmeal bars cool at room temperature for 75 minutes. The filling will also thicken more. Slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 37 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Raspberry Crumble Oatmeal Bars
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 17.6 g
- Sodium: 198.7 mg
- Fat: 7.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.2 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan treats, raspberry bars, raspberry slices, vegan bakes, vegan oatmeal bars, crumble
I've just made this, the only change is I took a mix of berries instead of just raspberries and it's FANTASTIC and so easy to do.
I didn't have the patience to wait 75 minutes and I actually like it warm.
Amazing, thank you so much for the recipe.