Is there a better type of vegan cookie dough than one that tastes just like brownies? I might be a little biased as I just love vegan brownies so much but this vegan brownie cookie dough is by far my favourite cookie dough recipe that I have ever made. It's rich, it's smooth and perfect for anyone who loves their treats ultra-chocolatey!
It's a little different to brownie batter which is a lot wetter and is usually spread on things such as, toast. This brownie cookie dough has a much thicker consistency, yet it still remains nice and smooth when you're eating it! I mixed in vegan chocolate chips too which served as a nice complimentary touch. There's no such thing as too much chocolate when i'm in the kitchen! Be sure to tag @vegan_treats_blogger on Instagram if you make this yummy recipe!
Another brownie recipe that you will love is my vegan cookie dough brownie bars.
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make This Vegan Brownie Cookie Dough?
- heat treated all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- vegan butter
- maple syrup
- peanut butter
- cocoa powder
- plant milk
- vegan chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
Tips For Making This Vegan Brownie Cookie Dough Happen (For The Best Outcome)
Add any other fillings/toppings that make you happy. When I have made this chocolate cookie dough in the past, I have filled it with different things, each giving the treat a unique feel. You can stir in chopped nuts for a crunch, some chocolate sauce to make it nice and gooey or you can even add your favourite cereal!
Don't leave out the plant milk. When testing this recipe, I have sometimes chosen to leave out the plant milk in order to see what happens. Ultimately, it is stodgier and firm when you don't add it in. I use soya milk in mine and it allows the brownie cookie dough to become much creamier and easy to eat. Some people prefer it the other way but I think the plant milk contributes towards the best experience. I also found that by adding the soya milk, it lasts longer in the fridge.
Want to make this goodie? Here's how you can:
- Heat treat your flour.
- Mix the sugar, maple syrup and vegan butter.
- Add the flour along with the cocoa powder.
- Pour in the plant milk, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve straight away unless you prefer it even thicker. In this case, place it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE BROWNIE BALLS FOR DAYS
When you roll this vegan brownie cookie dough into mini brownie balls, it suddenly feels like you have a lot more brownie goodness to munch on. This is especially true when you double or triple the ingredient amounts! Some days I can find myself eating most of them in one sitting and other times, I choose to savour them for days on end.
I found that are a perfect treat for when you have those evening sweet tooth cravings and you are chilling out. Maybe you're watching a movie or you've just been for an evening walk. These chocolate treats are a perfect companion for relaxation.
Helpful Tools For Making Vegan Brownie Cookie Dough
- baking tray
- medium-sized bowl
Vegan Brownie Cookie Dough FAQ’s:
When adding the plant milk, make sure you drop it in slowly until it reaches your desired consistency. Be aware that putting it into the fridge will cause it to thicken.
When making a treat like vegan cookie dough, it is so important that you heat treat you flour first in the oven. The high heat allows the bad bacterias to be eradicated and also keeps the flour usable in treats like edible cookie dough.
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD?
Vegan Brownie Cookie Dough
- 80 g all-purpose flour sifted, heat treated
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons maple syrup
- 100 g vegan butter melted, warm
- 60 g peanut butter
- 60 g cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon plant milk
- 70 g vegan chocolate chips
- pinch of salt
- Heat treat the flour: Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius/350 Fahrenheit.
- Line your baking tray with parchment paper and add the flour to it, spreading it evenly.
- Once your oven has preheated, place the flour in there for 5-6 minutes.
- When the time is up, remove the heat treated flour from the oven and allow it to cool fully.
- Making the brownie cookie dough: In a medium-sized bowl, mix the sugar maple syrup, warm vegan butter and peanut butter until it becomes smooth.
- Sift in the flour along with the cocoa powder. Mix well.
- Finally add in your plant milk followed by folding in the chocolate chips. Serve immediately.
- Don't forget to heat treat your flour before adding it to the cookie dough.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Let it sit at room temperature to soften after being chilled.