Quick & Easy Freezer-Friendly Treats
If you're looking for a healthier vegan treat that you can make in a relatively short amount of time, you need to make these frozen yogurt bites which are strawberries covered in peanut butter and chocolate soy yogurt.
Another no-bake treat that tastes so good is my vegan blueberry cream pie recipe.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Large strawberries
- Smooth peanut butter
- Vegan dark chocolate
- Coconut oil - to be mixed into the chocolate.
- Plain dairy-free yogurt - vanilla-flavoured vegan yogurt is fine too.
- Chopped peanuts - for the topping.
How To Make Dairy Free Frozen Yogurt Strawberry Bites
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
2: Remove the tops from your strawberries.
3: Dip each of your strawberries into melted peanut butter and freeze so that they can set.
4: Make the chocolate yogurt coating.
5: Cover the peanut butter strawberries in the yogurt mixture.
6: Sprinkle on some peanuts and freeze again.
Tips For Making Vegan Frozen Yogurt Bites
Freeze After Dipping In Peanut Butter
Make sure that you allow the peanut butter to set before you dip the strawberries into the chocolate yogurt.
Otherwise, you won't have layers and it will be very messy.
After you have dipped the strawberries into the chocolate yogurt, don't freeze for longer than the recommended amount of time (unless you like super hard treats).
A Refreshing Summer Treat
These easy frozen bites are great in the summer time. When the weather gets warmer, these chilled strawberries taste even better.
However, you can make these goodies at any time of the year as long as you love chocolate, peanut butter, dairy-free yogurt and of course - strawberries.
Customisations & Substitutions
- Use a different fruit. In the past, I have used bananas and raspberries for this recipe and I imagine that you can use various others too. It's all in the imagination!
- Use another type of nut for garnishing. Not everyone likes chopped peanuts so you can certainly substitute them for something such as, chopped almonds or hazelnuts. If you don't like nuts at all, desiccated coconut works well.
How To Store Frozen Yogurt Bites
Store these inside an airtight container inside the freezer for up to 1 month.
More Simple RecipesPrint
Frozen Yogurt Peanut Butter Strawberry Bites (Vegan + Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 Bites 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These strawberry chocolate frozen yogurt bites are super easy and convenient to make, as well as being very tasty. Give them a try.
For the frozen yogurt bites:
- 8 large strawberries (tops removed)
- 100g smooth peanut butter (melted)
- 70g vegan dark chocolate (melted)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 100g plain dairy-free yogurt
- Chopped peanuts (to taste)
Make the strawberry bites:
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Start by dipping the strawberries into the melted peanut butter. Place them onto the baking tray and freeze for 15 minutes so that the peanut butter can set.
- While the strawberries are in the freezer, make the yogurt coating. Melt the vegan chocolate chips with the coconut oil using the bain-marie method then mix it into the dairy-free yogurt.
- Take the peanut butter strawberries out from the freezer and dip them into the chocolate yogurt mixture so that they are all fully coated.
- Place the strawberries back onto the lined baking tray and top with chopped peanuts.
- Set in the freezer for 25-30 minutes so that they are still quite soft. If you would like the chocolate yogurt to be a little harder, try 60-90 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Quick & Easy
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Serving Size: 1 Strawberry
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 3.9 g
- Sodium: 59.7 mg
- Fat: 19.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.4 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
- Cholesterol: 1.6 mg
Keywords: frozen yogurt bites, vegan frozen yogurt, vegan breakfast, peanut butter bites, no bake, frozen yogurt
Kayleigh Chiang says