Creamy Chocolatey Bars
These vegan Nutella bars are rich, hazel-nutty and completely gluten-free. If you love treats that require just a little bit of baking and more chilling in the fridge, these might be the goodies for you.
Another treat that I think you'll love is my vegan chocolate peanut butter almond bars recipe which are also quite new here on the blog.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Ground almonds - you can also use almond meal.
- Cocoa powder
- Vegan butter block
- Maple syrup - works as a good sweetener.
- Vanilla extract
- Dark baking chocolate
- Vegan double (whipping) cream - Emlea plant-based double cream is perfect.
- Hazelnut butter - gives the bars that 'Nutella' flavour.
- Fresh raspberries - don't use frozen raspberries for this recipe.
How To Make Vegan 'Nutella' Bars
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1. Line a square baking tin with parchment paper.
2. Combine the base ingredients.
3. Press the base into the lined tin and bake.
4. Make the chocolate 'Nutella' filling.
5. Stir in the raspberries.
6. Pour the filling over the base. Refrigerate.
7. Slice and serve.
Tips For Making Almond Raspberry Nutella Bars
Don't Over-Chill The Bars
Once the recommended chilling time is over, make sure that you take the bars put from the fridge and slice. If you happen to accidentally leave it in the fridge to chill all day, it will be harder to slice through the base.
Once the bars are sliced, you can leave them in the fridge for far longer.
Try Adding Extra Hazelnut Butter
If you want increased vegan 'Nutella' vibes, you can add a little more hazelnut butter to the chocolate mixture. I'm a big hazelnut fan, so I love to add extra hazelnut butter one teaspoon at a time.
However, I advise that you only add a maximum of a further 2-3 teaspoons.
Why You Will Love These Bars
- They are very rich and chocolatey.
- The filling is completely no-bake.
- This recipe is gluten free.
- These bars taste like vegan Nutella.
- They require very little baking.
Variations & Substitutions
- Make the bars a little less rich. Use a vegan milk chocolate for this recipe, instead of the dark chocolate that I recommend. This will give them a far creamier taste, if that is what you prefer.
- Use a different type of fruit. I love using fresh raspberries for these 'Nutella bars' but you can substitute them out for other fruits such as, fresh cherries (pitted) and fresh blueberries.
How To Store My 'Nutella Bars'
Store these bars inside the fridge for up to 4 days. Make sure that they are inside an airtight container too.
More Easy Treats
Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins
Vegan Double Chocolate Mousse CakePrint
Almond Raspberry Nutella Bars (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bars 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These almond raspberry nutella bars are vegan chocolate hazelnut heaven. The filling is creamy and filled with fresh raspberries.
- 200g ground almonds
- 40g cocoa powder
- 80g vegan butter block (melted)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Vegan Nutella Filling:
- 250g dark baking chocolate (finely chopped)
- 350ml vegan double (whipping) cream
- 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 150g hazelnut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 280g fresh raspberries
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Line a square, 8-inch baking tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the base:
- In a large bowl, mix all the base ingredients.
- When they are fully combined, press them into the bottom of your lined baking tin. Make sure that it is pressed in firmly. You can use the bottom of a glass if that helps you.
- Place your base into the oven and bake for 10 minutes while you begin to prepare the chocolate “Nutella” filling.
Make the “Nutella” filling:
- Add the chopped chocolate to a heatproof bowl and place it over a pan of boiling water (bain-marie) on the stove over a medium heat.
- When the chocolate is about half-melted, pour in the dairy-free double cream. Stir continuously until the chocolate is silky smooth.
- Once there are no more chocolate lumps, pour in the vanilla, maple syrup and hazelnut butter. Stir to combine again.
- Fold in half the raspberries then pour the mixture on top of the almond base. Level the chocolate filling out so that is smooth. Then scatter the remaining raspberries on top.
Set the bars:
- Place them into fridge for 2 hour 45 minutes. Slice with a sharp knife and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours 55 minutes
- Category: Healthier
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: Almond Raspberry Nutella Bars
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 5.1 g
- Sodium: 258 mg
- Fat: 32.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 44 mg
Keywords: vegan nutella, nutella bars, vegan gluten free, vegan dessert, vegan cheesecake, chocolate cheesecake
Mandy Fernández says
Made these with my daughter and they were a joy to eat.