Soft Hazelnut Truffles
These no-bake vegan ferrero rocher truffles are so delicious and hazel-nutty. The inside is creamy truffle and it is covered with chopped hazelnuts and more chocolate.
If you love nuts, also see my vegan pistachio blueberry muffins and my coffee cake with walnuts.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Vegan dark chocolate
- Full fat coconut milk
- Hazelnut butter - makes the filling so much like the real thing
- Maple syrup
- Hazelnut kernels - for the centre of the truffles
- Finely chopped hazelnuts - for the coating
How To Make Vegan Ferrero Rocher Truffles
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Pour warm coconut milk over vegan chocolate. Let it sit.
Stir the mixture until you have a smooth chocolate mixture. Let it set in the freezer.
Scoop the hardened chocolate into balls.
Place a hazelnut kernel into the centre of each ball.
Roll the balls in chopped hazelnuts. Freeze again.
Dip the frozen truffles into melted chocolate. Let them set.
Tips For Making Homemade Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
Change The Dipping Order If You Prefer
Instead of rolling the truffle balls into the chopped hazelnuts and then subsequently dipping them in chocolate, you can add the hazelnuts after dipping. This is for people who prefer to have the hazelnuts on the outside of the chocolate.
What Are Vegan Ferrero Rocher Truffles Made From?
Why Are These Chocolates Healthier?
For my truffles, I used organic hazelnut butter as well as whole and chopped hazelnuts. These nuts are full of antioxidants and beneficial nutrients that we need in our diet.
If you use dark chocolate that is 65% and over
Frequently Asked Questions
All of the ingredients in this recipe are naturally gluten free. Be sure to check the packages for each ingredient to make sure.
How To Store My Ferrero Rocher Truffles
More No-Bake Chocolate Recipes
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter CupsPrint
Vegan Ferrero Rocher Truffles (Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 Truffles 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These easy vegan ferrero rocher truffles are soft and full of delicious hazelnut flavours. If you love a copycat recipe here is a yummy one.
- 100g vegan dark chocolate (chopped)
- 120g full fat coconut milk* (the thick part on top) (see notes)
- 100g hazelnut butter
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 12 hazelnut kernels (skinless)
- 80g finely chopped hazelnuts
- 150g vegan dark chocolate (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons hazelnut butter
- Line a small baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside for later.
Make the truffles:
- Place the chopped chocolate to a heatproof bowl. Add the coconut milk to a saucepan over a medium-low heat until it is simmering. Pour the heated coconut milk onto the chocolate and then leave the mixture to sit for a few minutes.
- Stir the chocolate with a wooden spoon then add the hazelnut butter, salt, maple syrup. Stir again until it’s nice and smooth.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool, then place it into the freezer for 30 minutes to solidify.
- Immediately, scoop the hardened chocolate with a tablespoon or a small cookie scoop and roll into balls with your hands. They should be about the size of ping pong balls. Press a hazelnut kernel into the centre of each ball then roll each truffle in the chopped hazelnuts.
- Place the balls into the freezer on the lined baking tray for 2 hours.
Make the chocolate coating:
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the chocolate and hazelnut butter to a heatproof mixing bowl over a pan of almost boiling water. Stir regularly over a medium-low heat until the mixture has melted fully.
- Dip each of the truffles into the melted chocolate mixture then place them onto a cooling rack covered with parchment paper to set at room temperature.
- Allow the vegan Ferrero Rocher truffles to defrost and enjoy.
- Refrigerate the coconut milk can overnight so that the milk thickens.
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Ferrero Rocher Truffles
- Serving Size: 1 Truffle
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 50.9 mg
- Fat: 33.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
- Cholesterol: 19.6 mg
Keywords: vegan truffles, vegan ferrero rocher, vegan chocolate, no bake vegan, no bake recipes, vegan chocolates
I love this recipe. Need to make it again soon.