Unbelievably Chocolatey Goodness
Sometimes the more chocolate on a treat, the better. That's certainly the case with this vegan chocolate cheesecake, which is silky smooth and utterly irresistible.
For more no-bake vegan chocolate treats, try my vegan banoffee pie and my vegan rocky road bars.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Vegan butter block - I like to use the Flora block
- Vegan dark chocolate
- Unsalted cashew nuts
- Vegan cream cheese - the vegan Philadelphia cream cheese works very well
- Maple syrup
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line a round, spring-form tin with vegan butter and parchment paper.
Add the base ingredients to a high-speed blender.
Press the base ingredients into the prepared tin.
Melt the dark chocolate.
Make the cashew mixture inside the blender.
Add the chocolate and the other filling ingredients to the cashew mixture. Blend again.
Pour the chocolate filling over the Oreo base. Refrigerate.
Sprinkle extra Oreos on top of the cheesecake.
Tips For Making Chocolate Cheesecake
Soak Your Cashews
This gives the cashews a creamier texture when blended with water and it also makes them softer which is better for most blenders.
Press The Base In Firmly
I like to use the bottom of a glass to press the cheesecake base into the spring-form cake tin. The more compact that it is, the less likely that any crumbling will occur.
Customise This Recipe
Change the base and topping. Oreos are vegan in the United Kingdom but not everybody is a fan of them. Change them for another cookie of your choice if you wish.
Frequently Asked Questions
The surface of the cheesecake must be completely firm, without a wobble. Any sign of liquidity means it needs to stay in the fridge for longer.
Yes you can! Please individual slices inside airtight containers and freeze for up to three months.
Swap out the Oreos for a gluten free alternative and you'll have yourself a gluten free cheesecake.
How To Store My Chocolate Cheesecake
Store this chocolate cheesecake inside the refrigerator for up to 4 days, preferably inside airtight containers.
More No Bake Chocolate Treats
Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter CupsPrint
Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake (No Bake)
- Total Time: 5 Hours 15 Minutes
- Yield: 1 Cheesecake 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This is the best vegan chocolate cheesecake that you'll ever have. Is silky smooth with a slight richness and Oreos sprinkled on top.
For the crust:
- 180g Oreos
- Pinch of salt
- 60g vegan butter block
For the filling:
- 250g vegan dark chocolate (chopped)
- 85g unsalted cashew nuts* (soaked in boiling water for 1-2 hours) (see notes)
- 150ml water
- 450g vegan cream cheese
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- Oreo crumbs (to taste) (optional)
Make the crust:
- Line the bottom of an 8” spring form cake tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To a high-speed blender or a food processor, add the Oreos. Blitz for about 30-40 seconds or until there are fine crumbs.
- In a small saucepan, melt the vegan butter over a low heat. Add it to the blitzed cookie crumbs along with the salt and pulse again. When the mixture has the consistency of wet sand and can be moulded, it’s ready.
- Press the cookie crust mixture into the prepared baking tin. I like to use the bottom of a glass to press it in compactly. This stops it from crumbling.
- Place the base into the freezer while you make the filling.
Make the filling:
- Add the dark chocolate to a heat-proof bowl and place it over a pan boiling water on the hob (double boiling). Continuously stir the chocolate until it has fully melted.
- Drain your soaked cashews then add them to a high-speed blender along with the water. Blend until the cashew mixture is nice and smooth.
- Next, add in the vegan cream cheese, maple syrup, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and salt. Once again, blend until smooth. Finally add in the melted chocolate. Blend one more time.
- Pour your chocolate cheesecake filling into the prepared tin. Make sure it is nice and smooth on top. Place it into the fridge for 5 hours to set.
- When your cheesecake has set, remove from the tin. Top with extra Oreo crumbs if you wish.
- Before making the recipe, soak the cashews for 1-2 hours.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 hours
- Category: No Bake
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: Chocolate Cheesecake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 506
- Sugar: 26.3 g
- Sodium: 839.5 mg
- Fat: 37 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.4 g
- Protein: 8.1 g
- Cholesterol: 56.8 mg
Keywords: vegan nutella, nutella cheesecake, oreo cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, no bake cheesecake, vegan treats
Best vegan chocolate cheesecake ever! Family also loved this recipe.