The Best No-Bake Caramel Cheesecake
This vegan caramel cheesecakes is one of my favourite cheesecake recipes on the blog. The texture somewhat reminds me of a NYC cheesecake before being topped with a homemade salted caramel sauce which compliments it perfectly.
My vegan Oreo cheesecake is also a recipe that I recommend to you.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Vegan Gingernut cookies or gluten free version
- Vegan butter block
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan cream cheese - I like to use the vegan Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh lemon juice - this gives it a more 'cheesecakey' taste.
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Vegan double whipping cream - make sure that the cream you buy is suitable for whipping or else this recipe won't work.
- Coconut cream
- Brown sugar
How To Make A Vegan Caramel Cheesecake
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Grease a round, spring-form tin with vegan butter.
2: Make the cheesecake base and press it into the prepared tin.
3: Make the cheesecake filling.
4: Spread it over the base and refrigerate.
5: Top with extra Digestives if you wish.
6: Make the caramel topping and pour it over the cheesecake. Slice and serve.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use Cream That Can Be Whipped
Make sure that the vegan double cream that you purchase is whipping cream so that stiff peaks can be formed. Otherwise, the texture of the cheesecake will be too soft and it won't set properly in the fridge.
Make The Cheesecake Gluten Free
The only ingredient in the recipe that isn't gluten free are the Digestive biscuits. Luckily, there are variations of Digestives that are both vegan and gluten free these days so this is an easy substitution to make. If you are using vegan Graham crackers, i'm unaware as to whether there is a gluten free version in the U.S or not.
The Salted Caramel Topping
The caramel topping couldn't be any easier. Just add all of the ingredients to a saucepan, cook for a few minutes and that's it.
It may seem a little thin at first but it will thicken while cooling down at room temperature.
Pour it over the cheesecake and serve.
An Easy-To-Make Cheesecake
The thing that I love about this vegan caramel cheesecake recipe is how easy it is to make. Machinery such as, the high-speed blender and the stand mixer do most of the work for you. The hardest part is waiting for it to set.
As well as this being a super simple treat, it tastes as good (and possibly better) than a non-vegan cheesecake.
Frequently Asked Questions
This could be because you didn't whip the cream for long enough. You need it to have stiff peaks before it goes into the fridge. Not all vegan cream is suitable for whipping so make sure you get a good one.
Storage & Freezing
Store this cheesecake inside the fridge for up to 5 days inside an airtight container. Instead of storing the leftover caramel separately, pour it over the cheesecake before it goes into the fridge.
Alternatively, store each slice of cheesecake inside an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours.
More Cheesecake Recipes
Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake BarsPrint
Vegan Salted Caramel Cheesecake (No-Bake & Gluten Free Option)
- Total Time: 12 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 12 Slices 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan caramel cheesecake is thick and creamy just like a good cheesecake should be. Drizzle on the caramel sauce and enjoy.
For the base:
- 350g vegan Gingernut cookies or gluten free version
- 120g vegan butter block (melted)
- Pinch of salt
For the cheesecake filling:
- 400g vegan cream cheese
- 100g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 40g coconut oil (melted)
- 150ml vegan double whipping cream
For the salted caramel sauce topping:
- 120g coconut cream
- 0.5 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 90g brown sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon vegan butter
- Pinch of salt
- Grease a round, 8-inch springform baking tin with vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the Gingernut crust:
- Add the Gingernut cookies to a high-speed blender or food processor and blitz until the crumbs are fine.
- Pour in your melted butter and salt. Blitz again to create a base mixture which should feel like wet sand.
- Press the Gingernut base into the bottom of the greased tin with the flat bottom of a glass or firmly with your hands.
- Place the cheesecake base into the freezer to set while you make your filling.
Make the cheesecake filling:
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and powdered sugar until creamy. Next, mix in the lemon juice, vanilla extract and coconut oil. The oil may make it a little lumpy but don’t worry.
- Now pour the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment and add your vegan double cream. You can alternatively keep it in the original bowl and use an electric hand-whisk. Whisk the filling for a few minutes on a medium-high speed. It will thicken and the peaks should be quite stiff and able to hold themselves.
- Take your Gingernut base out from the freezer then pour the thickened cheesecake filling over it.
- Place the cheesecake in the fridge overnight and for at least 12 hours to set. The longer it is in the fridge the thicker it will be.
Make the caramel sauce topping:
- Just before the cheesecake comes out from the fridge, make the caramel sauce.
- In a saucepan, add all the caramel ingredients. Stir continuously over a medium heat until the thick coconut cream melts.
- Once the caramel begins to bubble reduce to a simmer and cook for a further 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring continuously.
- Let the caramel cool so it thickens a little. Remove your cheesecake from the springform tin and pour the caramel topping over it. Slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 hours
- Category: No-Bake
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: Salted Caramel Cheesecake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 684
- Sugar: 25.5 g
- Sodium: 798 mg
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 40.9 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 40.8 mg
Keywords: vegan cheesecake, no bake, no bake cheesecake, salted caramel cheesecake, cheesecake lover, vegan caramel cheesecake