PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD?
I hadn't tried a rocky road bar until about a year ago and ever since, I have been totally OBSESSED! There's something so satisfying about the combination of soft mallows and crunchy biscuits, covered with creamy chocolate.
I wanted to share my vegan rocky road elation with you all in the form of a blog post and I think that it has finally hit the sweet spot. All the ingredients are well-balanced and nothing dominates too much, which was quite pleasing to me.
This no-bake recipe is ready in no time at all and I really hope that you can try it! All you need to do is melt your vegan chocolate, mix everything together, refrigerate and enjoy! It really is that simple.
If you make these vegan rocky road bars, tag @vegan_treats_blogger on Instagram because I just love to see your creations.
What Ingredients Do You Need For These Vegan Rocky Road Bars?
- Vegan baking chocolate
- Vegan butter
- Golden syrup
- Digestive biscuits
- Vegan white chocolate buttons/chips
- Vegan marshmallows
- Puffed rice
Tips For Making These Vegan Rocky Road Bars
Don't Let Your Chocolate Go Hard
Make sure that you use your melted chocolate as soon as you've mixed in the vegan butter and golden syrup. If you don't use your vegan baking chocolate while it's melted, there is a chance that it will harden sooner rather than later.
Crush Your Digestive Biscuits In A Freezer Bag
Instead of crushing your cookies/biscuits with the end of the rolling pin, a quicker and more efficient way is to place your Digestives inside a freezer bag, seal it and crush them with a rolling pin.
Stick To The Recommended Refrigeration Time
I highly recommend that you leave your vegan rocky road in the fridge for the recommended 1 hour 30 minutes. Leaving it in there any longer may cause it to be too firm and less appetising.
Why I Love This No-Bake Rocky Road
These vegan treats being delicious isn't the only reason that I love them. I also love how this is a child-friendly vegan recipe. If you have a young child that has a love for baking, this chocolate rocky road could be a great plant-based dessert for them to try. What kid wouldn't love something that is filled to the brim with chocolatey goodness?!
Why You Should Make This Recipe:
- They're so much fun. White chocolate, marshmallows, puffed rice and more. What's not to love?
- They're easy to customise. If you fancy something else in the middle, you can. These are your vegan chocolate bars so put your own twist on it!
Helpful Tools For Making Vegan Rocky Road Bars:
- 9 Inch Square Baking Tray
- Rolling Pin
- Double Boiler (Desirable)
- Medium Saucepan
- Freezer Bag/s
- Change the flavours: If vegan white chocolate chips aren't your thing, you can substitute them for vegan milk chocolate or vegan dark chocolate. If you love vegan white chocolate you could melt it as a substitute for the main vegan baking chocolate. The thought of a white chocolate version makes me drool.
Rocky roads are typically made from chocolate, marshmallows and biscuits but they are also known to include nuts and dried fruits.
It is absolutely fine to freeze your rocky road and it will last at least a couple months in there. Make sure you store it in an airtight container.
Vegan Rocky Road Bars
- 275 g Vegan Baking Chocolate
- 130 g Vegan Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoon Golden Syrup
- 120 g Digestive Biscuits/Vegan Cookies
- 50 g Vegan Marshmallows
- 30 g Puffed Rice
- 210 g Vegan White Chocolate Buttons/Chips 150g for filling, 60g for topping
- Line a 9" x 9" baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Vegan Rocky Road: Melt your your vegan baking chocolate in a double boiler or place a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir continuously so that the chocolate melts evenly.
- In a separate medium-sized pan, melt together the vegan butter and golden syrup.
- Pour the butter mixture into the melted chocolate and stir until it is fully incorporated.
- Place your Digestive biscuits into a freezer bag and seal. Using a rolling pin, crush the biscuits so that many larger pieces remain. You only want to crush them a little.
- Place the biscuits into a new baking bowl, followed by the marshmallows, puffed rice, and white chocolate chips. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the top and mix until fully combined. Make sure that everything is covered.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking tin. Firmly press your rocky road into the base of the tin with the back of a spoon. Spread evenly so that it is flat. Add the extra white chocolate chips on top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour 30 minutes then slice into equal squares. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months.