Have you ever tried the tasty combination of chocolate, marshmallows and cookies all within one spoonful? This simple and totally delicious vegan oven s'mores dip gives you all that and more!
It's so gooey and takes less than 15 minutes to make. The chocolate goes so melty in the oven and it goes perfectly with the warm and mouth-watering vegan marshmallows.
For this recipe I chose to use Digesive cookies which are similar to Graham crackers. As well as being part of the dip, they also make fantastic dippers too in this recipe.
Some other simple recipes that are gooey and taste so good are my pan fried caramelized bananas, vegan peanut butter stuffed dates and vegan sticky toffee pudding recipes. Make sure you check them all out.
Why You Will Love This Dip
- Few Ingredients - There are only 4 ingredients in this recipe. This means that not only is it cost effective but also easy to prepare and make. For another 4-ingredient treat, try my vegan chocolate orange macadamia nut clusters.
- Amazing Texture - When all of the ingredients are melted together, it creates an unbelievably gooey texture which is so heavenly. It's arguably even gooier than my vegan caramel slices recipe. The top layer of the vegan marshmallows turns a golden, toasty brown as the melted chocolate sits underneath.
- Quick & Easy - Only taking roughly 10 minutes to bake inside the oven, this dip is a great option for when you want a solution to your sweet treat cravings as soon as possible. The recipe couldn't be any easier. Add all the ingredients into a skillet and let them all melt together.
- Allergy Friendly & Plant Based - This vegan oven s'mores dip recipe is entirely vegan and dairy free.
- Vegan chocolate chips - I like to add these to the skillet, as well as the ordinary vegan baking chocolate bar because they offer slightly different textures. While the baking chocolate bar melts better into a runny texture, the chocolate chips have a thicker consistency when melted.
- Vegan baking chocolate bar - This is the 'meltier' of the two kinds of chocolate. When placed over the heat it melts almost instantly and without any lumps. This is why I decided to use vegan baking-specific chocolate for my vegan carrot sheet cake and vegan argentinian chocotorta recipes.
- Vegan marshmallows - I used Vegantic mallows which are a type of giant vegan marshmallows. This is just a personal preference of mine. I prefer the texture of melted giant marshmallows than mini ones which are more likely to over-cook or burn.
- Digestive biscuits or Vegan Graham crackers - Both of these options taste quite similar to each other. The great thing abou these is that you can use them for inside the dip and also to dunk into the dip!
See recipe card for full information on individual ingredients and quantities.
Substitutions & Variations
- This recipe contains all the ingredients that you need to make s'mores but you feel like the dip needs something extra, you can add extra ingredients. In the past, I have added things like desiccated coconut and dairy-free white chocolate chips. In my vegan pistachio blueberry muffins recipe I used chopped pistachio nuts which could be a great option for this recipe.
- You can make this s'mores dip gluten free by replacing the Digestives or Graham crackers with a version which is both vegan and gluten free. Luckily, both are often accidentally vegan to begin with. Alternatively, you can use a cookie of your choice which suits your dietary needs. Most commercial vegan marshmallows are also gluten free but check to make sure.
How To Make An Oven S'mores Dip
For the full method, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Add the chocolate and chocolate chips to an empty skillet.
2: Add some vegan marshmallows on top.
3: For the final layer, pour in the Digestives and extra chocolate chips. Place in the oven to cook.
4: Let the dip cool and enjoy.
Using mini vegan marshmallows - I love using jumbo marshmallows but this can look quite messy as they will expand to be even bigger. Mini marshmallows taste the same and are a lot tidier. If you're using mini ones, make sure that they don't over-cook.
Only use baking chocolate if you wish - I like to use two types of chocolate (baking chocolate and chocolate chips) to add some variation to the chocolate textures but if you want a completely smooth chocolate dipping experience, you only need to use vegan baking chocolate. This will melt easily inside the skillet.
Vegan Graham crackers are the best substitute for this dip as they have a very similar taste.
Yes you can! The marshmallows will be even softer after being cooked for a second time. Heat up for just a few minutes in the oven.
Chopped fruit such as apples work very well as a healthier option. Other things that are great fro dipping include pretzels, potato chips and breadsticks.
At the recommended temperature, the marshmallows will begin to toast quickly and will be done in about 8 minutes.
yes, it is completely safe. If you're using larger marshmallows, they may expand in size but don't worry about this. It is completely normal.
I tend to use Digestive biscuits and Graham crackers for dipping but some people like to dip other things into the s'mores dip such as, healthier alternatives. This could be sliced strawberries and bananas. You choose what you think is most delicious.
I highly recommend that you eat this dip the day that you make it. However, if you need to reheat it you can definitely do that! Just place it back into the oven for 5 minutes at around 160 Celsius.
More Easy Vegan Recipes
If you tried this Vegan Oven S'mores Dip Recipe or any other recipe on my website, please leave a 🌟 star rating and let me know how you go in the 📝 comments below. I love hearing from you!
Oven S'mores Chocolate Dip (Vegan)
For the dip:
- 100 g vegan chocolate chips
- 200 g vegan baking chocolate bar chopped roughly
- 200 g vegan marshmallows large or small
- 150 g digestive biscuits or vegan graham crackers plus extra for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius (392F).
Make the dip:
- Add the chocolate chips and the chopped chocolate bar to the bottom of a skillet.
- Place the vegan marshmallows on top of the chocolate to create a second layer.
- Finally make the last layer. Sprinkle the Digestives or Graham crackers on top of the marshmallows.
- Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes. The marshmallows should be golden brown and puffy.
- Let the skillet cool down a little then dip some extra, fresh Digestives or graham crackers into it.
- I love using jumbo marshmallows but this can look quite messy as they will expand to be even bigger. Mini marshmallows taste the same and are a lot tidier. If you're using mini ones, make sure that they don't over-cook.
- I like to use two types of chocolate (baking chocolate and chocolate chips) to add some variation to the chocolate textures but if you want a completely smooth chocolate dipping experience, you only need to use vegan baking chocolate. This will melt easily inside the skillet.