A Rich & Orangey Chocolate Delight
The legendary combination that is chocolate and orange is difficult to beat. My vegan chocolate orange cheesecake recipe is going to blow your mind when you try it. A rich, smooth and creamy texture, filled with zesty, juicy orange sensations. This treat is great all-year-round. I hope you love it.
Have you tried my vegan snickers cheesecake which is another yummy staple to my chocolate cheesecake collection?
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients & Notes
- Vegan + Gluten Free Digestives or Graham crackers - the main ingredient for the cheesecake base.
- Vegan butter block
- Pinch of salt
- Vegan dark chocolate - when melted it really helps the create the thick, creamy cheesecake texture.
- Raw unsalted cashews - soak these overnight to soften them.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice - don't use artificial, concentrated or store-bought orange juice. Only actual oranges.
- Vegan cream cheese
- Maple syrup
- Granulated sugar - the main sweetener for this recipe.
- Cocoa powder
- Orange zest - adds an extra kick.
Why You Will Love This Cheesecake
- It's so chocolatey.
- The orangey flavours are strong and flavourful.
- This treat is so easy to make.
- The cheesecake has a thick and creamy texture.
- This recipe is fully dairy free and vegan.
How To Make A Vegan Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Grease a round, springform cake tin with vegan butter.
2: Make the base then press it into the tin.
3: Melt the chocolate until it is completely smooth.
4: Blend the cashews with the orange juice.
5: Add the remaining filling ingredients to the blender to make a chocolate filling. Pour it into the prepared tin. Refrigerate.
6: Slice the cheesecake and serve.
Use High Quality Oranges
The cheaper oranges in the supermarket don't have as much flavour and some can even taste a little bit watery. The stronger the orange flavours, the better this cheesecake will taste.
Use Room Temperature Dairy Free Cream Cheese
The vegan cream cheese needs to be room temperature to ensure that the cheesecake with have the best texture possible which is nice and creamy.
Variations & Substitutions
- Make this recipe gluten free. All you need to swap out are the regular Digestive biscuits or Graham crackers. Find a gluten free alternative to these, which is also vegan and you're a winner!
Frequently Asked Questions
It freezes really well. Place individual slices into airtight, freezer-friendly containers are store them for up to 3 months!
Store this chocolate orange cheesecake inside the fridge for up to 4 days, where it will stay nice and fresh.
More Vegan Cheesecakes
Vegan Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake BarsPrint
Vegan Chocolate Orange Cheesecake (No-Bake + Gluten Free Option)
- Total Time: 4 Hours 20 Minutes
- Yield: 12 Slices 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan chocolate orange cheesecake is so creamy and smooth. This recipe is also super easy to make. Hope you enjoy it!
For the crust:
- 350g Digestives or gluten free version (Graham crackers work too)
- 120g vegan butter block (melted)
- Pinch of salt
For the chocolate orange filling:
- 350g vegan dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- 120g raw unsalted cashews (soaked overnight)
- 200ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 450g vegan cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1.5 Tablespoons orange zest
- Pinch of salt
- Grated vegan chocolate (optional, to taste)
- Orange zest (optional, to taste)
- Grease a round 8-inch, round springform cake tin with vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the base:
- Blitz the Digestives or Graham crackers to your high-speed blender or food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Pour in the melted vegan butter and sprinkle in the salt. Blitz the base mixture again until consistency becomes like wet sand.
- Press the Digestive base mixture into the greased tin with either your hands or firmly with the flat bottom of a glass.
- Place it into the freezer to set. Meanwhile, make the chocolate orange cheesecake filling.
Make the chocolate orange filling:
- Use the double-boiling (bain-marie) method to melt the chocolate inside a heatproof bowl over a medium heat. Stir continuously until it is completely melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Next, drain the soaked cashews. Add them to the high-speed blender along with roughly half of the orange juice. Blend until a smooth mixture forms.
- Add the vegan cream cheese, maple syrup, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, orange zest, salt and the rest of the orange juice to the blender. Blend again until all the ingredients are combined. Finally, pour in the melted chocolate and blend one more time until creamy.
- Pour the chocolate orange cheesecake filling over the base. Make sure it is level on top, them place it into the fridge for 4 hours to set.
Add your toppings:
- Top the cheesecake with grated chocolate and orange zest if you wish. Slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: No-Bake
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: Chocolate Orange Cheesecake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 416
- Sugar: 19.8 g
- Sodium: 595.5 mg
- Fat: 31.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 37.9 mg
Keywords: no bake cheesecake, chocolate orange cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, no bake, vegan desserts, chocolate orange
Maisie Prescott says
This was wonderful!
I’m wanting to make this vegan chocolate orange cheesecake, but is it possible to swap out the cashews for chickpeas???? My daughter is allergic to cashews!!😱 thanks!!
Julia & Freya!!
Vegan Treats Blogger says
Hi Julia & Freya! You can use skinless whole almonds or skinless macadamia nuts instead. The cashews are there as a thickener and help to achieve a creamy texture. Substituting for almonds or macadamias should give you a similar outcome 🙂