The Ultimate Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
This vegan chocolate bundt cake is one of the softest chocolate cakes that i've ever baked. No word of a lie. It is so unbelievably moist and the peanut butter glaze on top compliments it so nicely.
If you love these two flavours, be sure to see my other vegan chocolate peanut butter cake.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Why Is This Cake So Amazing? It is:
- Beautifully shaped.
- Super soft.
- Very chocolatey in flavour.
- Covered in a peanut butter glaze.
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar - to be mixed into the soy milk to create vegan 'buttermilk'.
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder - the better the quality the better the taste.
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Canola oil - this is the same thing as rapeseed oil.
- Vanilla extract
- Hot coffee or boiling water - coffee enhances the chocolate flavour so much.
- Powdered sugar
- Smooth peanut butter
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Bundt Cake
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Grease a bundt pan with vegan butter.
2: Make the vegan buttermilk. Let it curdle.
3: Combine the dry ingredients inside a mixing bowl.
4: Add the wet ingredients to the cake mixture.
5: Pour the cake batter into the bundt cake tin. Bake.
6: Let the cake cool.
7: Remove the chocolate bundt cake from the tin.
8: Combine the dry peanut butter glaze ingredients inside a large mixing bowl.
9: Mix in the soy milk ingredients to make a smooth glaze.
10: Pour the peanut butter glaze over the bundt cake.
Tips For Making Chocolate Bundt Cakes
Use Hot Coffee
This chocolate bundt cake recipe gives you the option of whether you want to use hot coffee or just boiling water. I highly recommend that you use coffee.
As there is a lot of cocoa powder required for this cake, it doesn't overpower the chocolatey flavours at all. In fact, it only takes it to another level, enhancing the richness of the cake.
Double This Recipe
I used a 6-cup bundt tin to make this recipe which is quite small. If you have a 12-cup bundt pan, simply double the recipe and bake for roughly 60 minutes.
Let The Cake Cool Before Flipping
Let the cake cool for at least 20 minutes in the tin before flipping it. The cake will slip out far easier after it has cooled down and firmed up.
Customisations & Substitutions
- Oat milk & almond milk. These two milks work very well in this cake recipe. I prefer soy but if you like any of these then they're definitely great options.
- Olive oil. If I didn't use canola oil, I'd choose olive oil as it also helps to create light cakes.
Frequently Asked Questions
The only thing that differentiates a bundt cake from any other cake is the doughnut shape that it has. That's it. The shape of the pan that it is baked in.
I haven't tried this but you try a 1:1 baking-specific gluten free flour mix.
How To Store This Bundt Cake
Store this vegan chocolate bundt cake at room temperature for 3 days or in the fridge for up to 4 days. However you choose to store it, make sure that it is sealed inside an airtight container.
More Chocolate Cake RecipesPrint
Best Vegan Chocolate Bundt Cake with Peanut Butter Glaze
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 1 Bundt Cake 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan chocolate bundt cake is so soft and moist. The smooth peanut butter glaze compliments it perfectly. You need to try it!
Chocolate Cake Batter:
- 190ml soy milk
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 190g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 60g cocoa powder
- 250g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100ml canola oil (rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 180ml hot coffee or boiling water
Peanut Butter Glaze:
- 120g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 150g smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6-8 Tablespoons soy milk (depending on your preferred consistency)
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Grease a 6-cup, non-stick bundt cake pan with vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the cake batter and bake:
- Firstly, make the vegan buttermilk. Mix together the soy milk and the apple cider vinegar in a measuring jug, then set aside for 8 minutes to curdles. Measure out your other bundt cake ingredients in the meantime.
- To a large bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix until combined.
- Pour the curdled vegan buttermilk into the dry mixture as well as, the oil, vanilla extract & hot coffee or boiling water. Fold or carefully whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Don’t over mix the chocolate cake batter. It will seem very thin and runny, but this is what you want.
- Pour the chocolate bundt cake batter into the prepared tin. Bake the cake in the centre of the oven for 35 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let the bundt cake cool fully in the tin then transfer to a cooling rack.
Make the peanut butter glaze:
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, peanut butter and vanilla extract until the consistency is like crumbs.
- Add the soy milk. The consistency should be thick enough to coat the chocolate bundt cake.
- Pour the peanut butter glaze over the cake.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 346
- Sugar: 32.6 g
- Sodium: 318.1 mg
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.2 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan bundt cake, vegan chocolate cake, bundt cake, chocolate peanut butter cake, vegan baking, vegan cakes
This cake is one of the softest chocolate cakes I’ve ever had!