The pink raspberry glaze is back but this time on a vegan chocolate raspberry cake. The sweetness of the glaze compliments the cake so much as well as the fresh raspberries inside.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder
- Light brown soft sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Canola oil - this is the same as rapeseed oil
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup - gives the cake a little extra sweetness
- Fresh raspberries - don't use frozen raspberries for this recipe
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Grease two cake tins with vegan butter.
Make the vegan buttermilk and let it curdle.
Mix the dry chocolate cake ingredients inside a large bowl.
Add in the wet ingredients.
Fold the dry and the wet ingredients together to make a chocolate cake batter. Fold in the raspberries. I dusted them in a little flour.
Pour the cake batter into two cake tins. Bake the cakes.
Let the cakes cool.
Spoon the raspberry glaze onto the cakes.
Tips For Making Chocolate Raspberry Cake
Equally Pour Your Cake Batter
Make sure that you pour the same amount of batter into each tin so that cook at the same speed. Otherwise one may be undercooked and one may be overcooked.
Don't Over Mix The Cake Batter
This will result in you have a dense chocolate cake and nobody wants that.
Frequently Asked Questions
The cake may have been baked for too long or the oven temperature may have been too high. Chocolate cakes tend to go dry quickly if over-cooked.
How To Store Vegan Chocolate Cake
Store this chocolate cake at room temperature inside an airtight container for up to 3 days.
More Chocolate Cake Recipes
Easy Vegan Chocolate Raspberry Cake
- 200 ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 175 g all-purpose flour sifted
- 25 g cocoa powder
- 150 g light brown soft sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50 ml canola oil rapeseed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 120 g fresh raspberries
- 160 g powdered sugar sifted
- 5 teaspoons water
- 12 g raspberries squashed with spoon
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- To finish the preparation, grease two 20cm x 10cm loaf cake tins with vegan butter then set aside.
Make the cake:
- Mix the apple cider vinegar into the soy milk to make your vegan buttermilk. Let it curdle for 8 minutes before you use it. Measure out all your other cake ingredients while you wait.
- To a bowl, add the all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix to combine.
- Once it has curdled, add the soy milk to the dry ingredients along with the canola oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients without over mixing.
- Equally, pour the chocolate cake batter into the two greased cake tins. Bake them in the centre of your oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the chocolate raspberry cakes to cool in the tins for 15 minutes. Then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Make the glaze:
- Add your powdered sugar to a small bowl then add the water one teaspoon at a time. The glaze will have a very thick consistency.
- In another small bowl, squash the raspberries with the bottom of a fork until they become juicy. Mix the raspberries into the glaze until it turns a bright pink colour.
- Spoon the raspberry glaze over the chocolate cakes.