Fluffy Citrus Loaf Cakes
Lemon and raspberry flavours really do go nicely together in this vegan lemon raspberry cake. It's quite an underrated combination and more people should definitely know about it.
This recipe has lemon cake, topped with a raspberry glaze, as well as having fresh raspberries inside too!
If you love lemon and raspberry goodies, be sure to check out my vegan almond raspberry cake and my vegan lemon poppy seed muffins.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Canola oil - this is another name for rapeseed oil
- Vanilla extract
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - avoid using artificial lemon juice
- Zest of 2 medium-sized lemons
- Fresh raspberries - don't use frozen
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Vegan Lemon Raspberry Cake
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Firstly, grease the loaf cake tins with vegan butter.
Make the vegan buttermilk by mixing the soy milk with the apple cider vinegar.
Mix the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Pour in the wet ingredients.
Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then fold in the raspberries separately.
Pour the cake mixture into the cake tins.
Bake the cakes and let them cool.
Make the raspberry glaze and apply it to the cooled cakes.
Tips For Making Lemon Raspberry Cake
Dust The Raspberries With Flour
This is totally optional, but if you want to stop the raspberries in the cake batter from sinking, lightly dust them with flour first.
Don't Over Mix Your Cake Batter
This will cause the cake to become heavy and dense. Therefore, it will taste unappetising. Fold the batter instead of mixing it if you can.
Frequently Asked Questions
As the cake rises in the oven, the raspberries become 'slippery' in the batter. Dust them in a little flour before adding them to the batter and this will be resolved.
How To Store My Lemon Raspberry Cake
Store this cake in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days.
More Lemon RecipesPrint
Soft Vegan Lemon Raspberry Cake
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
My vegan lemon raspberry cake is for all fruity cake lovers. It is topped with a raspberry glaze and has fresh raspberries inside too.
Lemon Cake Batter:
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 200g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50ml canola oil (rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 2 medium-sized lemons
- 150g fresh raspberries
- 160g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 5 teaspoons water
- 12g raspberries (squashed with spoon)
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Grease two 20cm x 10cm loaf tins with cold vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the cake:
- Make the vegan buttermilk by mixing the vinegar into the soy milk. Let the buttermilk curdle for 8 minutes. Measure out the other cake ingredients while you are waiting.
- Add the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add the curdled soy milk to the dry ingredients along with the canola oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest. Fold until almost all the flour is combined. Then finally, fold in the raspberries. Dust them in a little flour if you wish to stop them from sinking inside the cake.
- Pour the lemon cake batter into the loaf tins. Bake the cakes in centre of your oven for 20 minutes. A skewer will come out of the cakes clean.
- Allow the two loaf cakes to cool down in the tins for 15 minutes. Then take the cakes out of the tins and place them on a cooling rack to cool fully.
Make the glaze:
- Add the powdered sugar to a bowl. Next, add the water a teaspoon at a time. The glaze should have a thick consistency.
- In a separate small bowl, squash the raspberries with a fork until they become juicy. Mix the raspberries into the glaze. It will become bright pink.
- Spoon the glaze over the lemon cakes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Lemon Raspberry Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 215
- Sugar: 26.7 g
- Sodium: 260.1 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 42.2 g
- Protein: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan cakes, vegan baking, raspberry cake, vegan lemon cake, vegan desserts, raspberry lemon cake
Can you make these measurements into cups instead😅 I realllyyy wanna make this tomorrow
One of the nicest vegan cakes I’ve ever tried! How can I make the glaze a little thicker?
Vegan Treats Blogger says
Thank you! Just add 1 or 2 teaspoons less water 🙂