Soft & Sweet Pink Loaf Cakes
These golden vegan raspberry cake loaves are light, moist and everything that you want in a cake. They're topped with a smooth, pink glaze and are filled with fresh raspberries. Who wants a big slice?
After trying this cake, you also want to try a slice of my new vegan cherry crumble cake.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar - to make the vegan buttermilk.
- All-purpose flour
- Brown sugar - gives the crumb a moist texture.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Canola oil - this is the same as rapeseed oil.
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup - for a little extra sweetness.
- Fresh raspberries - I prefer these to frozen ones.
- Powdered sugar - for the raspberry glaze.
How To Make A Vegan Raspberry Loaf Cake
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Grease two loaf cake tins with vegan butter.
2: Make the vegan buttermilk.
3: Combine the dry ingredients inside a large mixing bowl.
4: Add the wet ingredients and fold to form a smooth cake batter.
5: Fold in the fresh raspberries.
6: Pour the cake batter into the two prepared tins. Bake.
7: Make the raspberry glaze while the cakes are in the oven.
8: Spoon the glaze over the cooled cakes.
Tips For Making Raspberry Cakes
Don't Over-Mix The Batter
Over-mixing the cake batter will cause the cakes to be dense and the opposite of light and fluffy. Be gentle with the batter. Fold it gently until all the ingredients, including the flour have (just about) been mixed in.
Why This Raspberry Glazed Loaf Cake Is Amazing
- The texture is so soft and golden.
- It has a thick, pink raspberry glaze on top.
- This recipe is so simple and easy-to-follow.
- The loaf cakes are completely vegan and dairy free.
How To Store This Cake
Store this cake at room temperature for up to 4 days. Place them inside an airtight container and the texture will remain light and moist.
More Cake Recipes
Vegan Peanut Butter Banana CakePrint
Glazed Vegan Raspberry Cake
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This golden brown vegan raspberry cake has a perfect, soft texture and tastes so moist and delicious. Top with raspberry glaze and enjoy!
For the cake batter:
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 195g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 150g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 50ml canola oil (rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 100g fresh raspberries
For the raspberry glaze:
- 160g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 5 teaspoons water
- 12g fresh raspberries (squashed with spoon)
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Grease two 20cm x 10cm rectangular cake tins with vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the cake batter:
- First make the buttermilk by stirring the apple cider vinegar into the soy milk. Let it curdle for 8 minutes and prepare the other ingredients while you wait.
- To a large bowl, add the all-purpose flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix.
- Next, pour in the buttermilk, canola oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Fold the dry into the wet until the cake batter is almost combined.
- When most of the flour is folded in, pour in your fresh raspberries. Fold them into the batter.
- Pour the raspberry-filled cake batter into the two cake tins equally. Place the cakes into the centre of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. A skewer will come out when they’re done.
- Let the cakes cool for 15 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Make the raspberry glaze:
- Add the powdered sugar to a small bowl then add the water 1 teaspoon at a time. The consistency should be quick thick.
- Pour in the raspberries and squash them into the glaze with the bottom of a fork so that that all the juices come out. Keep mixing until the glaze becomes pink.
- Spoon the raspberry glaze over the loaf cakes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Raspberry Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 26.4 g
- Sodium: 263.4 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: raspberry cake, vegan raspberry cake, loaf cake, vegan dessert, vegan baking, vegan treats
Caroline Southall says
A very SOFT cake 😊