Simple Chocolate Cookie Thins
My vegan chocolate wafer cookies are what I make when I want a comfort snack to sit alongside a coffee. I used these cookies for my Argentinian chocotorta recipe and they didn't disappoint. They're really easy to make and the great things is that you can make a large quantity in a fairly short amount of time.
Be sure to check out my vegan espresso chocolate chip cookies which are also some of my favourites.
Ingredients & Notes
- All-purpose flour
- Cocoa powder - use high quality cocoa powder for this recipe.
- Baking soda - helps the cookies to bake correctly.
- Granulated sugar
- Vegan block butter - a very important ingredient which will ensure that your cookies have the correct texture.
- Soy milk
- Vanilla extract - gives the sweetness a nice kick.
How To Make Chocolate Wafer Cookies
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Line three large baking sheets with parchment paper.
2: Make the cookie dough.
3: Roll out the cookie dough so that it is very thin.
4: Cut out your chocolate cookies.
5: Place the cookies onto the baking sheets and bake.
6: Let them cool fully.
Use High Quality Cocoa Powder
This will really enhance the chocolatey flavour as opposed to using a cheap variety. You won't regret it. By making this simple change, these cookies end up tasting even better than store bought chocolate biscuits.
Make These Cookies In Advance
You can make the cookie dough in advance. Place it into a large airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days or the freezer for up to 3 months.
Storage & Freezing
After baking your chocolate wafer cookies, you can store them at room temperature for 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months (both options inside an airtight container).
More Delicious Recipes
Vegan Krispy Kreme Style DonutsPrint
Easy Vegan Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 36 Cookies 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These vegan chocolate wafer cookies are a super simple treat for when you want a simple snack that's chocolatey and delicious.
For the chocolate cookies:
- 275g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 35g cocoa powder (sifted)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 150g granulated sugar
- 150g vegan block butter (room temperature, softened)
- 60ml soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Line three large baking sheets with parchment paper, then set aside.
Make the chocolate cookies:
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt to a large bowl. Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- On a medium speed, cream the sugar and the vegan butter inside the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle. Let the mixture combine then add in the soy milk and vanilla extract. Continue to cream until smooth.
- Next, add the dry mixture to the stand mixer bowl in increments. Turn the stand mixer down to a low speed while the dry and wet ingredients combine. After this happens, switch back to a medium speed to form a dough which can be moulded into a ball with your hands.
- On a large, well-floured surface, roll out the chocolate cookie dough to about one-eighth of an inch thick (3.18mm). Use a 7.5cm x 4cm rectangular cookie cutter to cut out the cookies This should yield about 35-40 chocolate wafer cookies.
- Carefully place the cut-out cookie dough in the fridge to chill for 25 minutes.
Bake the chocolate cookies:
- Remove the unbaked cookies from your fridge. Place them onto the lined baking trays about 1-inch apart and bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool fully on a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Chocolate Wafer Cookies
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 62
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 67.9 mg
- Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.7 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chocolate cookies, wafer cookies, vegan wafers, vegan cookies, vegan chocolate cookies, vegan baking
Sometimes the simple treats are the best. These cookies turned out crunchy and beautiful