PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD?
If you like your vegan brownies to be simple and satisfying, you're in the right place! These goodies aren't the most spectacular bake that i've ever made but they have the ability to bring a smile to people's faces.
Sometimes it's the basic desserts that make you the most happy. I've loved brownies as long as I can remember and these quick and easy bakes remind me of being back at school.
Are you a brownie lover? If you are, try these out. Let me know what you think! Tag me @vegan_treats_blogger on Instagram. I love to see all of your vegan treats and creations!
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED FOR THESE CLASSIC VEGAN CHOCOLATE BROWNIES?
- All Purpose Flour
- Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Vegan Butter
- Granulated Sugar/Caster Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Plant Milk
- Vanilla Extract
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY VEGAN BROWNIES
(Full instructions are on the recipe card below).
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE SIMPLE VEGAN BROWNIES
DON'T OVER-MIX YOUR BROWNIES
Over-mixing your brownie mixture will cause them to have an unappetising texture. Just make sure your brownie batter is fully incorporated.
BAKE FOR LESS TIME IF YOU LIKE THEM GOOIER
Take 5 minutes off the total baking time if you prefer your vegan brownies to be a little wetter.
WHAT ARE BROWNIES?
Brownies are a chocolatey baked treat made primarily from flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and milk. As mine are vegan, I of course, used plant milk.
WHY I LOVE THIS EASY VEGAN CHOCOLATE BROWNIES RECIPE
I love these vegan chocolate brownies because of the nostalgia that they provide. Like I have previously said, these aren't the fanciest brownies that you're ever going to eat but they are just SO comforting. I loved school brownies and maybe that's why.
WHY YOU SHOULD MAKE THIS RECIPE
- It's so simple. Anybody is capable of making this recipe, no matter what your baking ability level is.
- The brownies are so chocolatey. This brownie recipe contains a generous amount of cocoa powder which gives the cakes a rich taste. I think it's the perfect amount but I may be biased!
HELPFUL TOOLS FOR MAKING THESE EASY VEGAN BROWNIES
- 2 Medium-sized Bowls
- 6x6 Inch Baking Pan
RECIPE VARIATIONS & SUBSITUTIONS
- Leave your vegan chocolate brownies in the oven for less time. If you like your brownies a little more moist, leave them in the oven for at least five minutes less time. The less you leave them in, the more gooey they'll be but make sure the flour is cooked!
You do this by adding more vegan fats and decreasing the amount of flour. For example, changing the vegan butter to flour ratio. Removing the baking powder will also make the cakey textures less noticeable.
You may have over-baked them which will cause them to become dry. You may have underbaked them then sliced too soon. This causes the brownies to loose moisture.
HOW TO STORE
Store for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.
The Ultimate Classic Vegan Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- 125 g All purpose flour
- 90 g Cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 110 g Vegan butter melted, warm
- 190 g Caster sugar
- 100 ml Maple syrup
- 80 ml Plant milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Line a 6x6 inch baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, add the vegan butter and sugar. Mix well. Whisk in the plant milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Don't over-mix. Just make sure that it's all combined.
- Pour into the lined baking tray and spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. If you prefer it a little gooier, leave it in for a few less minutes.
- Let them cool completely. Enjoy!
- Store for up to 5 days in an airtight container at room temperature.