Slices From Strawberry Heaven
You need to try some of this vegan strawberry cake which is filled generously with lots of chocolate chips. The cakes are also topped with a delicious strawberry glaze which compliments them so nicely.
I also think you will love my vegan blueberry lemon cake which is another fruity cake with great vibes.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar - add this to the soy milk to make your vegan buttermilk.
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Canola oil - this is the same type of oil as rapeseed.
- Vanilla extract
- Strawberries - chop these into small pieces.
- Vegan chocolate chips - fold these into the cake batter.
- Powdered sugar
Why I Love This Strawberry Cake
- There is strawberry flavour in the cake AND the glaze.
- This recipe is very easy to make.
- The texture is so light and fluffy.
- These loaf cakes are fully vegan and dairy-free.
How To Make Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: First of all, grease your cake tins.
2: Make your vegan buttermilk.
3: Combine the dry cake ingredients inside a large bowl.
4: Fold the dry and wet ingredients together to form a batter.
5: Chop the strawberries.
6: Fold the chopped strawberries and the vegan chocolate chips into the cake batter. Pour the batter into the tins and bake.
7: Let the strawberry chocolate chip cakes cool.
8: Make the strawberry glaze and pour it over the two loaf cakes.
Tips For Making Strawberry Cakes
Use Bright Red, Sweet & In Season Strawberries
Not only will these look amazing inside the cake, but they will also taste so fresh and delicious. The last thing you want to use are off-colour strawberries as they taste very unappetising.
Avoid using frozen strawberries too if you can.
Don't Over-Mix The Cake Batter
This cake is very soft in texture when it is made correctly so it is very important that you gently fold the batter. Over-mixing the flour is very risky and can result in you having a dense cake.
Ways You Can Decorate & Customise This Cake
You can also top this cake with:
- Dairy-free whipped cream
- Vegan strawberry cream cheese frosting
- Strawberry buttercream frosting
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can! Slice and place inside freezer bags or airtight containers and store for up to 3 months.
If you really love strawberry flavours, this is a great option. You can substitute the vanilla extract for 1-2 teaspoons of strawberry extract.
How To Store Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake
Store this strawberry cake at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the fridge for 4 days. Make sure that you place it inside an airtight container so that it can stay as fresh as possible.
More Recipes You'll LovePrint
Easy Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These vegan strawberry cakes are so soft. Filled with chocolate chips and chopped strawberries, this treat is a spring favourite.
For the cake batter:
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 200g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50ml canola oil (rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 160g fresh strawberries (tops removed and chopped into chunks)
- 150g vegan chocolate chips
For the strawberry glaze:
- 160g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 5 teaspoons water
- 12g strawberries (tops removed and squashed with spoon)
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Grease two 20cm x 10cm loaf cake tins with vegan butter, then set aside.
Make the cake:
- Make the vegan buttermilk. Mix together the apple cider vinegar and the soy milk. While the buttermilk curdles for 8 minutes, Measure out your other cake ingredients.
- Add the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a large mixing bowl. Combine well.
- To the dry ingredients, add the buttermilk, canola oil and vanilla extract. Fold the cake batter until most of the flour is combined, then fold in the chopped strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour the cake batter into your prepared tins equally. Bake the two cakes in centre of the oven for 25 minutes. They should be golden brown on top, and a skewer should come out clean.
- Allow the strawberry chocolate chip cakes to cool in their tins for 15 minutes then place them onto a cooling rack.
Make the glaze:
- Add the powdered sugar and the water to a small bowl. Mix until a glaze has formed.
- Squash the strawberries with the bottom of a fork until they become juicy and mixable. Combine the squashed strawberries with the glaze to make a strawberry glaze. It should turn a light pink colour.
- Spoon the glaze over the two loaf cakes equally.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cakes
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 311
- Sugar: 35.4 g
- Sodium: 260 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.5 g
- Protein: 3.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan strawberry cake, strawberry cake, chocolate chip cake, vegan cakes, vegan baking, vegan treats
Wow! Yes pleaseeee