Creamy Frozen Strawberry Slices
If you love cheesecake but you'd like a slightly healthier alternative to the standard everyday cheesecake, you've got to try these freezer-friendly bars which are packed with strawberries, cashews and many other delicious ingredients.
I also have a vegan blueberry cheesecake bars recipe that is quite similar to this one. I think you'll love them!
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Digestives or gluten free version
- Vegan butter block
- Pinch of salt
- Raw unsalted cashews - make sure that you soak these overnight.
- Fresh strawberries - these will be used for both the filling and topping.
- Full fat coconut cream
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Granulated sugar
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - gives the bars a more 'cheesecakey' taste.
- Vanilla extract
How To Make Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Line a square cake baking tin with parchment paper.
2: Make the cheesecake base then press into the baking tin.
3: Slice the strawberries evenly and remove the stalks.
4: Make the cheesecake filling and pour it into the lined tin. Top with strawberries and freeze.
5: Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and slice.
Expert Tips & Tricks
If You Forget To Soak Your Cashews Overnight
Pouring boiling water over them will do the trick but leave the cashews to soak for at least one hour so that they become soft enough to blend.
Use Full Fat Coconut Cream
If you are using coconut cream from a can of coconut milk, make sure that the can says 'full fat' instead 'of 'light'. Using lower fat coconut cream will affect the texture of the cheesecake bars adversely.
Why This Recipe Is Great
- These cheesecake bars are healthier.
- They're packed with fresh strawberries.
- It's easy to follow.
- They taste amazing.
- These treats are completely vegan and dairy free.
Can I Re-Freeze My Cheesecake Bars?
Yes you can! Place the sliced bars inside freezer-friendly ziplock bags or airtight containers and freeze for up to 1 month. Let them thaw at room temperature.
If you aren't re-freezing these vegan strawberry cheesecake bars, store them inside the fridge for up to 4 days.
Popular Strawberry Recipes
Frozen Yogurt Peanut Butter Strawberry Bites
Vegan Strawberry Chocolate Chip CakePrint
Easy Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bars (No-Bake & Gluten Free Option)
- Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 12 Bars 1x
- Diet: Vegan
If you love slightly healthier cheesecakes, you'll enjoy these vegan strawberry cheesecake bars which are super easy and delicious.
For the crust:
- 400g Digestives or gluten free version (Graham crackers work too)
- 150g vegan butter block (melted)
- Pinch of salt
For the cheesecake filling:
- 300g raw unsalted cashews (soaked overnight)
- 120ml water
- 250g fresh strawberries (tops removed and sliced)
- 200g full fat coconut cream
- 70g coconut oil (melted)
- 35ml maple syrup
- 150g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Grease an 8 x 8” square baking pan with vegan butter and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the crust:
- Add the Digestives or Graham crackers to a high-speed blender and blitz until the cookie crumbs are fine.
- Melt the vegan butter in a saucepan then add it to the blender, with the salt. Blitz again until the wet base mixture forms.
- Firmly press your cheesecake base into the bottom of the tin with your hands or the bottom of a glass.
- Place your base into the freezer to set. In the meantime, we can make the strawberry filling.
Make the strawberry cheesecake filling:
- Blend your soaked cashews with the water for about 40 seconds until fully blitzed and smooth.
- Add all the other filling ingredients, but only HALF of the chopped strawberries. Save the rest.
- Blend for 60 seconds once more until the mixture is smooth and there are no lumps.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the base. Top with the remaining chopped strawberries.
- Place your strawberry cheesecake into the freezer for 4 hours to set.
- Let the cheesecake thaw at room temperature for 5-10 minutes then slice into bars carefully with a sharp nice and serve.
- If you’d like them a little softer, place the bars in the fridge after freezing for 2 hours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: No-Bake
- Method: Freezing
- Cuisine: Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- Serving Size: 1 Bar
- Calories: 396
- Sugar: 17.7 g
- Sodium: 525.6 mg
- Fat: 28.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.2 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 18.8 mg
Keywords: strawberry cheesecake, cheesecake bars, no bake cheesecake, healthy cheesecake, vegan cheesecake, vegan strawberry cheesecake
Sonya Parker says
These bars were refreshing and delicious. Will make them again in summer