Soft Fruity Loaf Cake
This vegan blueberry lemon cake is so good. The flavours compliment each other so nicely and the streusel makes the experience even better.
I also have a vegan lemon blueberry muffins recipe if you can't get enough of the combo.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Brown sugar
- Vegan Butter
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Canola oil - this is the same as rapeseed oil
- Vanilla extract
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - don't use artificial lemon juice
- Zest of 2 medium-sized lemons
- Fresh blueberries - avoid frozen blueberries for this recipe
How To Make Vegan Blueberry Lemon Cake
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Grease two cake tins with vegan butter.
Make the streusel. Firstly, combine the flour and brown sugar.
Add in the vegan butter and use your hands to make the streusel crumble.
Make the vegan buttermilk.
Combine the dry cake ingredients in a bowl.
Add the wet ingredients to the mixture.
Finally, fold in the blueberries. I dusted mine in flour.
Pour the cake batter into the tins and top with streusel. Bake the cakes.
Let the cakes cool.
Tips For Making Blueberry Lemon Cake
Use Fresh Blueberries Instead Of Frozen
Using fresh blueberries will give you the better texture and they are also much easier to use.
Use Fresh Lemon Juice
Avoid using an artificial lemon juice in your cake batter. Fresh lemon juice is always the way to go.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dust your blueberries in a sprinkle of flour before you add them to the flour.
How To Store Vegan Lemon Cake
Store this cake at room temperature for 3 days inside an airtight container.
More Lemon Cake RecipesPrint
Vegan Blueberry Lemon Cake with Streusel
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
You have to try this vegan blueberry lemon cake. It has lots of golden streusel on top which compliments it so well. Hope you enjoy.
- 30g all-purpose flour
- 25g brown sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons salted vegan butter (softened)
Lemon Cake Batter:
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 200g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 150g granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 50ml canola oil (rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 2 medium-sized lemons
- 100g fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Grease two 20cm x 10cm loaf tins with vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the streusel:
- To a small bowl, add the flour and brown sugar then mix them together.
- Add the vegan butter. Use your hands to combine the three ingredients until the crumbly streusel has formed. It should be like breadcrumbs. Cover the streusel and place it into the fridge until later.
Make the cake:
- Start by making your vegan buttermilk by mixing the vinegar into the soy milk. Let it curdle for 8 minutes. Measure out the other cake ingredients in the meantime.
- To a mixing bowl add the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix to combine.
- To the dry cake ingredients, pour in the curdled soy milk, canola oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest. Keep folding until almost all the flour is combined. Fold in the blueberries, then mix in the final bit of flour.
- Pour your lemon cake batter into the greased loaf tins and sprinkle your streusel on top of each cake equally. Bake the cakes in centre of the oven for 20 minutes. A skewer will come out of them clean.
- Allow the lemon loaf cakes to cool in the tins for 15 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 15.9 g
- Sodium: 260.5 mg
- Fat: 5.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.4 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 3.8 mg
Keywords: vegan lemon cake, vegan blueberry cake, streusel, vegan cakes, vegan baking, vegan treats
Hi, I am a vegetarian and have been looking for eggless cake recipes. Can I use non vegan ingredients to make this cake?
Vegan Treats Blogger says
Hi Tara! I'd imagine that it will work but of course, I haven't tested anything.
I love blueberry and lemon cakes. This one was good.
I don’t understand the extra flour at the end of mixing in the dry ingredients. And, can I make these into cupcakes?