These vegan raspberry muffins might be my favourite muffins that I've made so far. Not only do they look great to the eye but taste amazing too due to the fluffy insides and streusel topping.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Large, ripe banana - this acts as the egg replace in this recipe
- Granulated sugar
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar - really helps the texture
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Fresh raspberries - don't use frozen raspberries
- Brown sugar
- Salted vegan butter - I use the Flora vegan butter block
How To Make Vegan Raspberry Muffins
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line muffin trays with cake liners.
Add the streusel ingredients to a bowl.
Use a fork or your hands to make the streusel crumble.
Add the wet ingredients for the muffins to a bowl.
Fold in the dry ingredients, including the raspberries.
Add the muffin batter to the cupcake liners.
Top with the streusel and bake.
Let the muffins cool.
Tips For Making Raspberry Muffins
Don't over mix the batter
This will make the muffin batter very dense. Fold the batter instead of mixing it. This will give you the light and fluffy vegan raspberry muffins that you want.
Customise This Recipe
- Use a different fruit. If you don't like raspberries, you could also use chopped strawberries or blueberries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dust them in a little flour before adding them to the batter. This will also prevent the raspberries from sinking.
How To Store My Vegan Raspberry Muffins
Store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days.
More Raspberry Recipes
Best Vegan Raspberry Muffins With Streusel
- 1 large ripe banana (mashed)
- 180 g granulated sugar
- 240 ml soy milk
- 2.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 75 ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 275 g all-purpose flour sifted
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 110 g fresh raspberries chopped in half
- 40 g all-purpose flour
- 35 g brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons salted vegan butter not heaped
- Preheat your oven to 200 Celsius (390F).
- Line two 6-hole muffin trays with cupcake liners.
- Grease the 12 cupcake liners with a drop of oil. Set aside.
Make the streusel topping:
- In a small bowl, mix the flour and brown sugar.
- Press the vegan butter into the flour mixture with a fork until it is nice and crumbly. Cover and set aside in the fridge until needed.
Make the muffin batter:
- Add the mashed banana, granulated sugar, soy milk, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- Next, gradually fold in your all-purpose flour to the mixture, along with the baking powder and salt. Don't mix. Keep folding until there are no remaining pockets of flour.
- Finally fold in the raspberries carefully until they are combined. They will break easily.
- Pour the muffin batter into the 12 cupcake liners so that they are almost full. Add the streusel on top.
Bake the muffins:
- Place your muffin trays into the centre of the oven and bake for 20 minutes until they are golden brown. A skewer should come out completely clean when they are ready. Every oven is different so they may take 25 minutes.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the trays for 10-15 minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack so that they can cool completely.