Comforting Homemade Sweetness
This vegan pudding cake is so comforting and sweet. I've been making this recipe for such a long time and it still tastes as good as the first time! Serve with vegan custard and enjoy.
Also try my vegan raspberry coconut slices for more pudding inspiration.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vegan butter - I like to use a vegan butter block such as Flora or Naturli
- All-purpose flour (sifted)
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Soy milk
- Raspberry jam - store bought is fine
How To Make Vegan Pudding Cake
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line a brownie tray with parchment paper.
Cream the vegan butter in a mixing bowl.
Add the sugars. Cream again.
Next, add in the other dry ingredients.
Finally, pour in the soy milk to complete the batter.
Spoon the batter into the brownie tin.
Spread jam on top of the batter. Bake.
When the cake cools, refrigerate until firm or serve immediately.
Tips For Making Pudding Cake
Serve Warm Or Cold
Depending on whether you want a super soft pudding cake or something slightly firmer. I personally like to place mine in the fridge for a while before serving with warm vegan custard.
Customise This Recipe
- Use a different jam flavour. Some people prefer to use blueberry or strawberry jam (jelly). This is totally your call. Use the flavour that makes you happiest.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend serving this raspberry pudding cake with vegan custard.
How To Store My Jam Pudding Cake
More Raspberry RecipesPrint
Vegan Pudding Cake with Raspberry Jam
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 9 Slices 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan pudding cake is covered with sweet raspberry jam and is so comforting. Serve with warm custard and enjoy.
For the raspberry pudding cake:
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 120g vegan butter (softened)
- 200g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 0.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 110ml soy milk
- 200g raspberry jam
- Preheat your oven to 180 Celsius (356F).
- Line a 24cm x 24cm square brownie tin with parchment paper. Set aside.
Make the cake batter:
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together your two sugars, vanilla and vegan butter until it is combined.
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Finally, pour in the soy milk. Stir one more time until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the brownie tin and swirl in the jam on top.
Bake the pudding cake:
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes. The pudding cake should be golden brown.
- Let them cool fully. Then place the tin in the fridge for 2-3 hours if you prefer pudding cake firmer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Raspberry Pudding Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 284
- Sugar: 33 g
- Sodium: 288.6 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.3 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pudding, vegan treats, vegan traybake, vegan baking, vegan cakes, vegan desserts
Kate Burton says
I made this recipe. Enjoyed it with cream instead of custard but still very good.