Cookies and Oreos go together like a match made in heaven and these particular vegan Oreo cookies are soft, chewy and everything you want them to be.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil
- Soy milk
- Oreos - crush these a little before adding them to the cookie dough
- Chocolate chips
How To Make Vegan Oreo Cookies
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Combine the dry cookie dough ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Add the wet ingredients to the bowl.
Finally add in the Oreos.
Use your hands to create a cookie dough ball.
Scoop smaller cookie dough balls from the large ball and place them onto the prepared baking tray. Bake and enjoy.
Tips For Making Vegan Oreo Cookies
Crush Or Blitz The Oreos Before Making The Cookie Dough
Sometimes I like to crush them unevenly with a rolling pin and sometimes I blitz them in a high speed blender. The latter will make the Oreo crumbs much finer. Make sure that they are fine enough to be mixed into cookie dough.
Chill The Cookie Dough
This only takes 30 minutes and it stops the cookies from spreading too much. It also gives the Oreo cookies a far better texture.
Add Extra Oreos On Top
If you are a huge Oreo fan, you can press extra Oreos pieces into the top of the cookies when they are warm out of the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, all the ingredients in Oreos are completely vegan.
How To Store My Oreo Cookies
Store these cookies for four days either inside the fridge or at room temperature. Store them inside an airtight container.
More Cookie Recipes
Easy Vegan Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 125 g-purpose flour
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 50 g light brown sugar
- 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons soy milk
- 6 Oreos crushed finely
- 40 g chocolate chips
- 1. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
MAKE THE COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1. In a mixing bowl, add the dry cookie dough ingredients. Mix well.
- 2. Next, add the wet ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until there is only a little flour left then add the Oreo crumbs and chocolate chips. Fold again. This will create your cookie dough.
- 3. Use your hands to mould a large ball with the Oreo cookie dough. Refrigerate the ball for 30 minutes.
BAKE THE COOKIES:
- 1. While the cookie dough is chilling in the fridge, preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- 2. Take the chilled Oreo cookie dough out from the fridge. Use a cookie scoop to scoop 1.5 tablespoons of cookie dough for each cookie. After scooping the dough, roll it into balls and place them 2-3 inches apart on the large baking tray as they will spread.
- 3. Bake your cookies for 12 minutes in the centre of the preheated oven. When they come out of the oven top with extra Oreo crumbs and chocolate chips. Allow them to cool for 10 minutes.