A Flour-Free Fudgy Cake
No flour? No problem! This vegan flourless chocolate cake is a next level treat for when you want to avoid that gluten. The texture is much denser and fudgier than my usual cake recipes the chocolatey flavours make it truly delectable.
Another flourless dessert that I think you'll love is my vegan banana brownies recipe which is a favourite of many people.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Vegan dark chocolate - baking chocolate melts the best.
- Coconut cream
- Soy milk
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Ground almonds - a gluten free flour like ingredient which works so well.
- Brown sugar
- Cocoa powder - use good quality cocoa powder.
- Powdered sugar - for dusting.
How To Make A Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Grease a round, springform cake tin with vegan butter.
2: Melt the chocolate.
3: Make the cornstarch mixture.
4: Pour it into the chocolate. Whisk.
5: Finally, add the remaining dry ingredients.
6: Spoon the flourless chocolate cake batter into the prepared tin. Bake in the oven.
7: Let the cake cool then serve.
Tips For Making Flourless Cakes
Don't Over-mix The Cake Batter & Chocolate
If you over-mix the batter, the cake may become deflated. Fold gently until it is completely combined.
Likewise with the chocolate. It can becomes clumpy if over-mixed so stop mixing once it has melted.
Don't Open The Oven Door
This may cause the cake to collapse and sink. Let the cake bake without checking on it until time is almost up.
How To Store This Chocolate Cake
Store this easy chocolate cake inside an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
More Flour-Free RecipesPrint
Vegan Flourless Chocolate Cake (Gluten Free)
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cake 1x
- Diet: Vegan
My vegan flourless chocolate cake is so fudgy and tasty. It's one of the most unique gluten free cakes that i've ever made. I hope enjoy it.
For the cake batter:
- 230g vegan dark chocolate
- 150g coconut cream (thick part from refrigerated can of coconut milk)
- 60g cornstarch
- 140ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 120g ground almonds
- 150g brown sugar
- 50g cocoa powder
- 0.25 teaspoons salt
- Powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat your oven to 163 Celsius (325F).
- Grease the base and sides of a round, 8” springform cake tin with vegan butter.
Make the chocolate cake:
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch into the soy milk until fully combined. Mix in the vanilla and maple syrup. Set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate using the double-boiling (bain-marie) method over a medium heat. Whisk in the coconut cream until it is melted into the chocolate mixture. Remove from the heat.
- Add the soy milk mixture to the chocolate and mix in until just combined.
- Finally, gently fold in the ground almonds, brown sugar, cocoa powder and salt until a smooth chocolate batter forms.
- Add the mixture to the prepared lined tin. Smooth it out on top.
Bake the cake:
- Place the cake in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes. Check the doneness of the cake by inserting a skewer into the centre. If it comes out clean, it’s ready.
- Let the cake cool fully, then slice and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Flourless Chocolate Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 470
- Sugar: 19 g
- Sodium: 81.8 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.2 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: flourless cake, vegan flourless cake, flourless chocolate cake, vegan gluten free, gluten free cake, gluten free baking
Made this cake the other day and it was so fudgy 🙂