My vegan chocolate pudding pie is rich, creamy and so decadent. It's topped with a dreamy dairy-free chocolate whipped cream and vegan white chocolate.
This recipe is so easy to make and tastes like a piece of heaven. Make sure that you give it a try, along with my vegan chocolate orange cheesecake recipe which is another treat I know you guys will also love.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- The texture is super creamy.
- It is topped with a chocolate whipped cream and vegan white chocolate.
- This recipe is easy and delicious.
- The chocolate pudding pie is completely dairy free and vegan.
Important Ingredients Overview + Notes
- Oreos - These popular cookies are completely vegan and will be used for the crust in this recipe.
- Cocoa Powder - Use a high quality cocoa powder if you can. This will give the pudding pie a stronger, richer & more luxury taste.
- Vegan Double Cream - I love to use the Elmlea dairy free whipping cream as it creates a great consistency in treats and can be thickened easily.
- Vegan Baking Chocolate - I use baking-specific chocolate for recipes like this as it melts evenly and there isn't usually any clumps. On the other hand, chocolate chips are the opposite and I don't recommend using them.
How To Make Vegan Double Chocolate Pudding Pie
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Grease a round, springform tin with vegan butter.
2: Make the Oreo crust and press into the base of the tin and slightly up the sides.
3: Combine the dry filling ingredients inside a large bowl.
4: Combine the wet filling ingredients inside a separate bowl.
5: Mix the dry and the wet together to form a thicker mixture.
6: Heat the mixture so that it thickens even more.
7: Pour the chocolate pudding filling into the prepared tin so that most of the crust is covered. Refrigerate until it sets.
8: Take the vegan chocolate pudding pie out from the fridge.
9: Make the chocolate whipped cream.
10: Spoon the dairy free whipped cream over the top of the chocolate pie and grate on some vegan white chocolate.
Expert Tips & Tricks
Use High Quality Vegan Baking Chocolate
Baking dark chocolate is ideal, as it melts smoothly without and clumps. Using higher quality chocolate in general will result in a better texture for the filling.
Get The Ingredients Ready Ahead Of Time
You have to work fast in this recipe at times and you are required to stir regularly at one point, so having all your ingredients measured out and ready to use will be convenient for you.
Store thus chocolate pudding pie inside the fridge for up to 3 days inside large airtight containers. I do NOT advise freezing this pie.
More Chocolate Recipes
Vegan Nutella Chocolate Oatmeal CrepesPrint
Vegan Double Chocolate Pudding Pie (No-Bake)
- Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
- Yield: 12 slices 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan chocolate pudding pie recipe has become one of my favourites. It's fudgy, gooey and great for any season.
For the crust:
- 475g Oreos
- 150g vegan butter (melted)
- Pinch of salt
For the pudding filling:
- 30g cocoa powder
- 45g cornstarch
- 120g vegan double cream
- 240g vegan semi-sweet baking chocolate (chopped)
- 540ml soy milk
- 150g caster sugar (superfine)* (see notes)
- 1 Tablespoon salted vegan butter
- 0.5 teaspoon almond extract
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate whipped cream:
- 175g vegan double cream
- 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20g powdered sugar
- 0.5 Tablespoon cocoa powder
For the topping:
- Vegan white chocolate shavings
Make the crust:
- Begin by greasing an 8-inch round springform cake tin or pie plate with vegan butter. Set aside.
- To a high-speed blender, add your fine Oreos and blitz until fine crumbs form. Add the melted vegan butter and salt then pulse again until fully combined. The mixture should be wet and mouldable.
- Press the crust mixture into the prepared tin or pie plate. Make sure you press it firmly into both the base and up the sides a little to create a pie crust shape. Place in the freezer while you make the pudding filling.
Make the pudding filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cocoa powder and cornstarch. Mix in the vegan double cream until combined.
- In a separate, heatproof metal bowl, pour in your chocolate, soy milk and sugar. Place the bowl over a medium heat using the double-boiling (bain-marie) method and stir constantly until it is fully melted together.
- Remove the pan from the heat then pour 1 cup (236ml) of the melted chocolate milk mixture into the cocoa powder mixture and mix until smooth. Pour the cocoa powder mixture back into the warm chocolate inside the heatproof bowl.
- Place the bowl over a medium-high heat using the double-boiling method again. Stir continuously once more. When it begins to bubble/boil, cook for a further 3-5 minutes until the chocolate filling has thickened.
- Finally, remove the pudding filling from the heat and whisk in the vegan butter, almond extract and vanilla extract. Let the mixture cool completely then pour it over the Oreo crust which will have firmed up by this point in the freezer.
- Cover your chocolate pudding pie with plastic wrap and chill inside the fridge for 6 hours or overnight if you prefer.
Make the chocolate whipped cream:
- Inside a large mixing bowl, whip the vegan double whipping cream and vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beating on a medium-low speed while adding your powdered sugar and cocoa powder in increments.
- Once the powdered sugar and cocoa powder are fully incorporated into the cream, increase the speed to medium-high and whip until medium-stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the whipped cream topping onto the set chocolate pudding cake. Grate vegan white chocolate onto the chocolate pie and serve.
- Make sure that the superfine/caster sugar that you use is suitable for vegans. You can also substitute for granulated sugar if needed.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Category: No-Bake
- Method: Chilling
- Cuisine: Double Chocolate Pudding Pie
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 399
- Sugar: 29.3 g
- Sodium: 352.2 mg
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.9 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 30.3 mg
Keywords: chocolate pudding pie, no bake, vegan chocolate, vegan treats, chocolate pudding, vegan pudding
Leave a Reply