Perfect Cinnamon Muffins
Cinnamon sugar makes everything better and that includes these vegan cinnamon muffins which are super buttery and covered in it! Who wants to try one? They're so soft and fluffy.
Check out these blueberry pistachio muffins too which are also delicious!
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Large ripe bananas - as the egg replacers in this recipe
- Granulated sugar
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar - gives the muffins a great texture
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Vegan butter - for dipping the muffins into
- Granulated sugar - for the cinnamon sugar
- Ground cinnamon - also for the cinnamon sugar
How To Make Cinnamon Banana Muffins
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Line two 6-hole muffin trays with cake liners.
To a bowl, add the bananas, sugar, soy milk, vinegar, oil and vanilla. Whisk.
Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt.
Pour the mixture into the 12 liners. Bake.
Let the muffins cool.
Mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Melt the vegan butter.
Dip the top of the muffin into the warm, melted butter.
Now, dip the buttery muffin into the cinnamon sugar.
Tips For Making Delicious Muffins
Use ripe bananas.
Not only will they make your muffins more flavourful, they are also so much easier to mash.
How to tell whether the muffins are done
Stick a toothpick into the baked muffins. If it comes out nice and clean, then they are ready to come out of the oven.
There Are No Eggs In This Recipe
As these are vegan, there are no eggs in these muffins. Ripe bananas really do make a perfect replacement and give them a gorgeous texture.
Customise This Recipe
- Use brown sugar for the cinnamon sugar. Although this is similar, it gives the muffins subtle caramelisation flavours.
Frequently Asked Questions
The moisture has evaporated. Store them in an airtight container to slow this process down.
Too much leavening and/or over mixing.
How To Store My Vegan Banana Muffins
Store in an airtight container for 2 days at room temperature and for 3 days in the refrigerator.
More Muffin Recipes
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsPrint
Best Vegan Cinnamon Sugar Banana Muffins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Diet: Vegan
You have to try these vegan cinnamon muffins which are so buttery and coated in a delicious cinnamon sugar. Enjoy.
- 2 large ripe bananas (mashed)
- 180g granulated sugar
- 240ml soy milk
- 2.5 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 275g all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 4 tablespoons vegan butter (melted)
- 50g granulated sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 200 Celsius.
- Line two 6-hole muffin trays with cupcake liners.
- Grease all 16 liners with oil. Set aside.
Make the muffin batter:
- To a large mixing bowl, add the mashed bananas, granulated sugar, soy milk, apple cider vinegar, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Next, gradually add in your all-purpose flour to the mixture, along with the baking powder and salt.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Don't over mix. Ensure that there are no pockets of flour remaining.
- Distribute your muffin batter equally between the 12 cupcake liners.
Bake the muffins:
- Bake the muffins in the centre of the oven for 18-20 minutes. Towards the end of the time check on them as every oven is different. They should be golden brown and a skewer should come out completely clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the trays for a further 10-15 minutes.
Make the cinnamon sugar topping:
- Melt the vegan butter and pour it into a small ramekin.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- While the muffins are still warm, dip them into the melted butter, followed by the cinnamon sugar.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Cinnamon Sugar Muffins
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 256
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 246 mg
- Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.5 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: cinnamon muffins, banana muffins, vegan muffins, vegan baking, vegan treats, vegan cake