Sweet, Festive Loaf Cakes
This vegan apple cinnamon cake is one of my favourite Christmas cakes of all time. It represents festivity and it's so soft. You need to try it! Maple glaze is the topping for this treat which compliments the other flavours so well.
For more cinnamon fun, see my vegan cinnamon loaf cake.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- Soy milk
- Apple cider vinegar - for mixing with the soy milk
- All-purpose flour
- Light brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground ginger
- Ground nutmeg
- Canola oil - this is the same as rapeseed oil
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Large cooking apple - I love to use Granny Smith apples
- Powdered sugar
How To Make Vegan Apple Cinnamon Cake
Step By Step Instructions
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
Remove the cores from a baking apple.
Remove the skin from the apple and chop into small squares.
Grease two baking tins with vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the vegan buttermilk. Let it curdle.
Combine the dry ingredients inside a large bowl including the spices.
Pour in the wet ingredients into the bowl.
Fold the cake batter into a smooth mixture.
Mix in the chopped apples.
Pour the cake batter into your tins. Bake until golden brown.
Let the cakes cool in the tins.
Make the maple glaze until the consistency is fairly thick.
Tips For Making Apple Cinnamon Cakes
Use Granny Smith Apples
These are my favourite baking apples. They have a beautifully sweet flavour and they have a good firmness. They also caramelise nicely.
How To Serve This Apple Cake
I love to serve this cake with vegan vanilla ice cream or vegan custard. It works well with both.
Frequently Asked Questions
I love to use Granny Smith apples for my baking as they soften so nicely and they have a great flavour. Braeburn apples are also great.
How To Store My Apple Cinnamon Cake
Store this cake at room temperature and in the fridge for up to four days. If you like your cake less moist, I'd suggest storing in the fridge.
More Cake RecipesPrint
Soft Vegan Apple Cinnamon Cake with Maple Glaze
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 Cakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This vegan apple cinnamon cake is one of my favourites. The spices go well with the sweetness of the apples are don't forget the maple glaze!
- 1 large cooking apple (I used Granny Smith)
- 200ml soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 190g all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 150g light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 0.5 teaspoon ground ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 50ml canola oil (rapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 160g powdered sugar (sifted)
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 177 Celsius (350F).
- Secondly, grease two 20cm x 10cm loaf cake tins with vegan butter. Set aside.
Make the apple cinnamon cake:
- Firstly, remove the core and skin from the apple. Chop your baking apple into 1cm squares. Set aside.
- Make your vegan buttermilk. Do this by mixing the apple cider vinegar into the soy milk. Let your vegan buttermilk curdle for 8 minutes. While you are waiting, measure out your other apple cinnamon cake ingredients.
- To a mixing bowl, add the all-purpose flour, light brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Combine well.
- Pour in the curdled buttermilk to your dry ingredients along with the canola oil, vanilla extract and maple syrup. Fold the dry into the wet but avoid over mixing. Finally fold in the chopped apples.
- Equally, pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tins. Bake them in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the tins for 15 minutes then transfer them over to a cooling rack.
Make the maple glaze:
- Add your powdered sugar to a small bowl then add maple syrup one teaspoon at a time. The consistency of the glaze should be quite thick.
- Spoon your maple glaze over the apple cinnamon cakes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Apple Cinnamon Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 32 g
- Sodium: 174 mg
- Fat: 5.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.7 g
- Protein: 2.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan cakes, vegan desserts, apple cinnamon cake, vegan baking, vegan baking, vegan treats