Are you a peanut butter lover? If you are you can have yourself a treat in the form of a peanut butter mug cake in a matter of minutes!
It only needs one minute in the microwave. That's it. Considering the fact that this recipe is so easy, it's so tasty!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD?
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS 1 MINUTE PEANUT BUTTER CAKE
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Vegan butter
- Smooth peanut butter
- Plant milk
- Vanilla extract
HOW TO MAKE A PEANUT BUTTER MUG CAKE
Below you can take a look at a quick overview of how to make my peanut butter mug cake. The full method is down on the recipe card. If you’re looking for detailed steps, be sure to see it!
Place your flour into the microwave, then cook for 1 minute 15 seconds. 15 second intervals.
Add the dry ingredients to a small bowl, then add in the wet.
Pour your peanut butter mixture into two medium mugs/ramekins.
Place your mug cakes (one at a time) into the microwave for 1 minute.
MUG CAKE TIPS
- You'll need to heat treat your flour before mixing your ingredients. Raw flour cannot be consumed and it can make you sick!
- Keep an eye on your chocolate mug cake while it is cooking inside the microwave. Cook for no longer than 1 minute 15 seconds.
HOW TO MAKE THIS A CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER MUG CAKE
To make this delicious change, simply add 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder.
This won't make it super chocolatey but it will provide you with a nice balance between the peanut butter and chocolate flavours.
VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Like I mentioned above, by adding 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder to your mixture, you can have yourself a hint of chocolate.
- Instead of pouring extra chocolate over the top, you can pour maple syrup or melted chocolate.
HELPFUL EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
- Small bowl
- 2x Small mugs/ramekins
Peanut Butter Mug Cake | Vegan, 1 Minute, Easy
- 50 g all-purpose flour heat treated
- 80 g granulated sugar
- 50 g vegan butter melted
- 75 g smooth peanut butter
- 75 ml plant milk
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla
- 50 g peanut butter melted
- Before doing anything, you need to heat treat the flour. Place the flour into a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 1 minute 15 seconds, at 15-second intervals. Your flour will then be safe to use.
- To a small bowl, add the flour, sugar, vegan butter and peanut butter. Mix.
- Then pour in the plant milk and vanilla. Mix again so that all the ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into 2 small mugs/ramekins.
- Cook the cakes, one at a time in the microwave for 1 minute. Every microwave is different so some may require 1 minute 15 seconds.
- Pour extra melted peanut butter over the top and enjoy!