It's common to have milk and dark chocolate drizzles on your pancakes but have you ever had warm, melted white chocolate poured over them? This vegan pancake recipe has you covered!
As there still isn't too many good vegan white chocolate alternatives out there, this easy recipe is a game changer, taking pancake stacks to another level with a delicious dairy free white chocolate alternative! Who wants to try some?
These yummy treats are so easy to make! I also think you'll love my new vegan chocolate peanut butter cake! It's so soft just like these pancakes!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD?
- All-purpose flour - standard plain flour is definitely the best flour for the softest texture. You can also use wholewheat flour as a healthier alternative and gluten free flour.
- Granulated sugar - gives them their subtle sweetness.
- Baking powder - this is the magic ingredient which gives the pancakes their fluffiness.
- Salt - just a dash.
- Plant milk - I really like using soy milk for my pancakes but any plant milk should work fine.
- Vegetable oil - you can also use melted vegan butter if you wish.
- Vanilla extract - for that extra flavour.
- Vegan white chocolate - I used Tesco dairy-free white chocolate buttons.
- Vegan chocolate shavings - from your favourite vegan milk/dark chocolate.
- Vegan butter - for greasing the frying pan.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN PANCAKES
Below you can take a look at a quick overview of how to make my white chocolate pancakes. The full method is down on the recipe card. If you’re looking for detailed steps, be sure to see it!
In a bowl, mix your dry ingredients. Then add the wet ingredients, folding them in until just combined. Don't over-mix as it will make your pancakes less fluffy.
Heat your frying pan and grease with vegan butter. Scoop enough pancake mixture to make a 12cm diameter pancake into the centre of the pan. When the pancake begins to bubble, flip. Cook for a further minute or so. Repeat this process.
Using the double-boiling method, melt your vegan white chocolate until smooth and creamy. Immediately, pour over your pancakes. Add some vegan milk chocolate shavings over the top if you wish.
- You can make your pancake batter ahead of time if you wish. Once it's ready, simply seal it into an airtight container and use within the following two days.
- Use a non-stick frying pan when making this vegan pancake recipe. After you've greased it with vegan butter, it will be nice and easy to flip them.
- Flip your pancakes once. You want to keep them fluffy and flipping too many times can alter this. Once the pancake starts to bubble, this usually means that the other side is golden brown. The second side cooks even quicker!
- Don't over-mix the batter as this will unfortunately make the pancakes chewy and firm.
WHITE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
My white chocolate topping for these vegan pancakes was made entirely from dairy-free white chocolate buttons. However, you can use any vegan white chocolate.
Choose the one you love, melt it and pour it over those yummy pancakes. I also added vegan milk chocolate shavings on top.
HOW TO COOK VEGAN PANCAKES
Cooking vegan pancakes is so easy. Once I pour the batter into the pan, the pancake usually starts to bubble after about 30 seconds. This means that I can flip it over.
The other side should cook in between 30 seconds and 1 minute.
VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- If you prefer your pancakes to have fillings, you can add a handful of chocolate chips or fresh blueberries to the batter mixture.
- I used soy milk in my pancakes but other plant milks such as almond milk and oat milk also work fine.
- You can use also wholewheat flour if you prefer healthier pancakes.
- The vegetable oil in this recipe can be replaced by melted vegan butter, 1:1.
HOW TO STORE VEGAN PANCAKES
You can store the pancakes in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Keep them sealed in an airtight container.
To reheat, simply place them into a microwave or a toaster until they're nice and warm.
You can also freeze them in a ziplock bag for up to 1 month. Make sure you squeeze all of the air out first! Once again, you can reheat them in a microwave or a toaster.
HELPFUL EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
- Large mixing bowl
- Medium non-stick frying pan
Easy Vegan Pancake Recipe With White Chocolate
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 10 pancakes 1x
- Diet: Vegan
These white chocolate pancakes are so soft and really tasty!
- 200g all-purpose flour
- 30g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon salt
- 125ml water
- 240ml plant milk
- 2.5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 125g vegan white chocolate melted
- Vegan chocolate shavings (to taste)
- A small lump of vegan butter for greasing the pan.
Making the pancake batter:
- In a large bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Next add the water, plant milk, vegetable oil and vanilla to the mixture. Use a large spoon to mix again until the batter is just combined. Don't over-mix. The flour should be fully folded in. A few lumps are okay.
Frying the pancakes:
- Grease a medium, non-stick frying pan with vegan butter. Place the pan over a medium-high heat and allow it to get hot for roughly 30 seconds.
- Pour enough mixture into the heated pan to create a pancake that is 12cm in diameter.
- When the uncooked side of the pancake begins to bubble, this means it's ready to be flipped. Flip and cook the other side until it's golden brown. Repeat these steps until you have used all of the pancake batter.
Making the white chocolate topping:
- Once you have stacked your pancakes, it's time to make the topping using the double-boiling method. Melt the white chocolate over a medium-high heat. Continuously stir until it is smooth and runny.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the pancake stack and enjoy!
- Store the pancakes in the refrigerator (in an airtight container) for up to 4 days.
- Store in the freezer in a ziplock bag for up to 1 month).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Breakfast Treats
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Pancakes
- Serving Size: 1 pancake
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 10.2 g
- Sodium: 137.4 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.2 g
- Protein: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan pancakes, vegan pancake, pancake stack, vegan white chocolate, vegan breakfast, vegan desserts
Love vegan white chocolate! 🤍