You don't get many recipes as quick and easy as this one! Say hello to my chocolate mug cake recipe which is ready to eat after just 1 minute in the microwave!
It's super chocolatey as I advise placing extra chocolate into the middle of the cake, as well as pouring melted chocolate over the top.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe. If you love easy chocolate cake recipes, be sure to check out my vegan chocolate fudge lava cake!
PREFER TO WATCH INSTEAD?
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS EASY 1 MINUTE CAKE
- All-purpose flour
- Granulated sugar
- Vegan butter
- Cocoa powder
- Plant milk
- Vanilla extract
- Vegan Chocolate
HOW TO MAKE THIS CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE RECIPE
Below you can take a look at a quick overview of how to make my chocolate mug cake recipe. The full method is down on the recipe card. If you’re looking for detailed steps, be sure to see it!
Heat treat the flour. Place the flour into the microwave and cook for 1 minute 15 seconds. 15 second intervals.
To a small bowl, add the dry ingredients, followed by the wet.
Pour your chocolate mixture into two medium mugs/ramekins. Place 3 squares of chocolate into the centre of each cake. Cover with the batter.
Place your cakes (one at a time) into the microwave for 1 minute.
MUG CAKE TIPS
- Make sure that you heat treat the flour before combing your ingredients. Raw flour is inedible and can make you very sick!
- Keep an eye on your chocolate mug cake while it is in the microwave and cook for no longer than 1 minute 15 seconds.
CAN THIS MUG CAKE BE MADE IN THE OVEN?
This recipe doesn't work in the oven. You will need a microwave for delicious results.
HOW LONG DO YOU NEED TO COOK IT FOR?
On average, the cook time is usually approximately 1 minute. However, different microwaves have different wattages. You may need to cook for 1 minute 15 seconds.
SOME DIFFERENT TOPPING OPTIONS
For this chocolate mug cake recipe, I love to top mine with extra melted chocolate but if you're already satisfied with the amount of chocolate, you can top with other things. You could try:
- Melted peanut butter
- Melted Biscoff spread
- Vegan custard
- Vegan caramel sauce
- Ice cream
- Vegan single cream
VARIATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- To give this chocolate mug cake recipe a slight peanut butter vibe, simply add 10-15 grams of smooth peanut butter to the mixture.
- I placed vegan milk chocolate squares into the centre of my mug cake but you can change this to any type of chocolate that you like. White chocolate, dark chocolate, it's all good.
HELPFUL EQUIPMENT FOR THIS RECIPE
- Small bowl
- 2x Small mugs/ramekins
Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe | Vegan, 1 Minute, Easy
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 mug cake 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This chocolate mug cake is ready in just 1 minute! Hope you enjoy!
- 50g all-purpose flour (heat treated)
- 80g granulated sugar
- 50g vegan butter, melted
- 25g cocoa powder
- 75ml plant milk
- 0.5 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 squares of vegan chocolate
- Firstly you need to heat treat your flour. Place the flour into a microwave-safe bowl and cook for 1 minute 15 seconds, at 15-second intervals. Your flour will then be edible.
- To a small bowl, add your flour, sugar, vegan butter and cocoa powder. Mix.
- Then add the plant milk and vanilla. Mix again so that all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Pour your mixture into 2 small mugs/ramekins. Add three squares of vegan chocolate to the centre of each, then cover with the mixture.
- Cook the cakes, one at a time in the microwave for 1 minute. Every microwave is different so some may require 1 minute 15 seconds.
- Pour extra melted chocolate over the top and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Quick & Easy
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Chocolate Mug Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Mug Cake
- Calories: 583
- Sugar: 64.3 g
- Sodium: 229.4 mg
- Fat: 24.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 94 g
- Protein: 8.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: chocolate mug cake, mug cake, microwave cake, 1 minute cake, vegan chocolate cake, easy recipes
How can I make this in an oven instead of microwave?