The Easiest Chocolate Microwave Dessert
This chocolate chip mug cake might be the easiest mug cake recipe that you'll ever try! It only takes 1 minute to cook and it's honestly so rich, moist and gooey. It makes a perfect snack at any time of the day.
If you love super chocolatey treats, you'll also love my vegan mocha cake which has a melty chocolate glaze.
Prefer To Watch Instead?
Ingredients For This Recipe
- All-purpose flour - make sure that you heat treat it.
- Granulated sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder - this is the most important mug cake ingredient.
- Vegetable oil
- Soy milk
- Vanilla extract
- Vegan chocolate chips
Why You Should Make This Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- The texture us so soft.
- It takes just one minute to make.
- It's very chocolatey.
- The cake is gooey.
How To Make A Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
For the full method and ingredient amounts, please refer to the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
1: Grease the ramekins.
2: Grease the ramekins.
3: Add in the wet ingredients.
4: Pour the chocolate cake batter into the ramekin. Cook in the microwave.
5: Sprinkle on the chocolate chips. Cook in the microwave.
6: Let the mug cake cool a little. Serve.
Tips For Making Chocolate Mug Cakes
You Don't Need To Heat Treat The Flour For This Recipe
Firstly, raw and uncooked flour is inedible and if you consume it, you may become unwell. However, as this recipe only calls for a tiny amount of flour, it cooks almost instantly in the microwave inside the mug cake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Substitute the all-purpose flour for a 1:1 gluten free baking flour mix that contains xanthan gum. This will give the cake a good texture.
How To Store Mug Cakes
I recommend that you eat this mug cake on the day that you make it while it is still warm for ultimate freshness.
More Mug Cake RecipesPrint
Gooey Chocolate Chip Mug Cake (Vegan, 1 Minute)
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 1 Mug Cake 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This is the easiest and tastiest chocolate chip mug cake you'll ever make. It takes no time at all and is super gooey. Hope you enjoy.
Mug Cake Batter:
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1.5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1.5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 0.25 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Tablespoons soy milk
- 0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon vegan chocolate chips
Make the mug cake batter:
- In a mug or a ramekin, combine the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Next, whisk in the oil, soy milk and vanilla until a smooth batter forms.
- Sprinkle your chocolate chips on top.
- Pour the mug cake batter equally into a mug or a 4-inch baking ramekin.
Bake the mug cake:
- Bake for 40-50 seconds inside the microwave, depending on how cooked you like it. Let the cake cool a little then spoon it onto a serving plate or eat it straight from the mug.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Bakes
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Serving Size: 1 Mug Cake
- Calories: 317
- Sugar: 22.4 g
- Sodium: 2359.9 mg
- Fat: 17.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.9 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan mug cake, vegan chocolate cake, chocolate chip cake, vegan baking, vegan treats, mug cake